How to arrange several slideshows horizontally across screen

James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
edited January 17, 2018 in SmugMug Customization

In the past, I have managed to arrange up to 6 small slideshows on a page. Now revising my site, I find it no longer possible to line up the slideshow containers. I have played around with % width for each slideshow, but cannot arrange them all side by side. I guess that there is a simple answer but I have completely forgotten how I did this a few years ago. Any help will be most gratefully received.

I have cracked it at last! I apologise for "starting a hare".

Comments

• JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

I've found inserting multiple container boxes like that works, provided you insert them in sequence, right-to-left or left-to-right, and let SmugMug's logic do the sizing. So the first one will be full width. When you add the second next to it, both will drop to half width. The third drops all to 1/3 width, and so on. Introducing your own widths will invoke a different logic. I think SmugMug always tries to maintain the relative proportioning while filling the screen width. It readjusts at every turn. For some scenarios, that is helpful. For achieving equal spacing, it is not. Perhaps there is a trick to produce equality, but starting over and not touching the widths seems the easier path.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins

Thank you, Jim. I find your contribution most reassuring, since after much trial and error, I did indeed carry out a sequential container insertion (left to right). There are many subtle wrinkles in the behaviour of the SmugMug code substrate!