please help with a little debug (I broke previous version)

gschlactgschlact Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins

Hello, thank you in advance for any help you can provide tracking down my edits that need to be repaired to bring my CSS back to how it was.
I am having the following issues on my site. Especially for this gallery using the collage landscape theme.
https://schlacter.smugmug.com/Other/n-9N4rz/Keystone-Condo-The-Gateway/

If you could dump my CSS file into an editor (color editing very helpful to avoid worrying about commented out sections), CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE APPROPRIATE EDITS TO ADDRESS:
/* Issues:
1) menu font size it too small
2) gallery landscape collage tiles caption font color- make darker and slightly larger.
3) Lightbox left arrow is missing (it was there, but I lost it)
4) Lightbox caption and surrounding general background color are wonky, especially between desktop browser, and tablet portrait and landscape. Would like consistent background photo surround color, caption background and caption font colors.
*/

I appreciate any help that can be provided and would expect someone proficient at the CSS should be able to read through and find my mistakes / deletions ?

TIA.

Guy

PS - I assume you can grab the CSS file from view-source-code link of gallery.

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2018

This is causing 1) menu font size it too small
    At least the top menu drop down small text

.sm-page-widget-nav .yui3-menu-children,.sm-page-widget-nav .yui3-menu-item,.sm-page-widget-nav .yui3-menu-label {
     border-top:1px solid #ddd!important;
     background:#d6d6d6!important;
     font-size:.85em!important;
     padding-bottom:0!important;
     padding-top:0!important;
     padding-bottom:10!important;
     padding-left:12px!important;
     padding-right:12px!important;
     margin-bottom:0!important
    }

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited January 17, 2018

In lightbox I click the closing X and goes to next photo, does not close LB.
    This is causing the problem.

.sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox:not(.sm-lightbox-scrollable) .yui3-widget-hd .sm-lightbox-tools,.sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox:not(.sm-lightbox-scrollable) .sm-lightbox-nav {
     width:30px; background-color:rgba(255,255,255,0.60)!important
    }

I am using this add-on to edit CSS. Only edits what's in memory on page load. Have to save changes for later to add.
    http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/

Shift/F7 opens CSS edit. Left side shows all CSS files. right side shows CSS contents of each file.
    I start at bottom, assume latest loading. Then march up to each CSS file.
    I delete whole CSS and watch for page change then un-delete.
    If change seen I can delete portion after portion till I find the culprit. delete/undelete each time

• gschlactgschlact Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins

I fixed most of the issues, thank you for the help.

Two other questions....
    Vertically in the Lightbox, there is still a vertical scroll bar with white beneath the whole light box,
    Do you know if there is a way to eliminate this extra vertical white space, or at least turn it black?

Also, for the photo collage tiles in the gallery, do you know how to turn the text darker?

thanks again,
    Guy