Which version do you like better?

gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
edited January 22, 2006 in People
So I have this picture that was taken under a red light and tried to color correct it. Thanks to the ideas of some folks in the Photoshop Shenanigans forum I fixed the file to the best of my ability. Please let me know which one you think is better. The original with color cast or the color corected version. I know the shot is soft, it was shot at 1/15th, I am talking about just color here. Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

Original:
52897558-L.jpg

Color corrected:
53018777-L.jpg
Nick
SmugMug Technical Account Manager
Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
nickwphoto

Which version do like better? 22 votes

Original with color cast
4% 1 vote
Color corrected
95% 21 votes

Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2006
    The bottom one, but it's still very red. :)
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited January 21, 2006
    You should include a third choice, Nick - the B&W shot, or just Neither :):
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    It's not there, yet!

ginger, just my opinion
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    Thanks for the input everyone. I have been in Minnesota since Friday morning and I just got back home so this was my first chance to reply to my post. I appreciate people being honest and saying it's not there yet. Pathfinder you are right, I should have put up a B&W version and added a neither option in the poll. I'll have to work on it more and see if I can get it to look any better.

It seems like the folks in Photoshop Shenanigans have been having fun playing with this shot so if anyone else would like to play around with it there are links to the original shot and my color correction in [thread=26218]post #7 [/thread]. If anything, it has been a very good learning experience and I strongly suggest giving it a try to test out your color correction skills. Feel free to post your versions of the shot in the Photoshop Shenanigans thread. It's interesting to see the different approaches people have been taking.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto