Waterspout

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

I looked everywhere for an itsy bitsy spider, but to no avail.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Oh so cool! What a catch!

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

Wow! That is amazing! I would think the news media weather station would want this one! Was you waiting for this or just so happened...?

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Wow, so cool.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,165 moderator

+1. Cool indeed! I'd much rather see one of those than the other kind we can have here in the midwest.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator

Fantastic catch!!

May I ask what this was shot with, and were you ashore, or on a boat at the time??

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Oh so cool! What a catch!

Mahalo, Taz!

@Eia said:
    Wow! That is amazing! I would think the news media weather station would want this one! Was you waiting for this or just so happened...?

My son had called me during his drive home through town and said, 'There's tornadoes on the water, grab your camera and get to the beach!' So, I did exactly that...grabbed my camera, jacked my wife's scooter, and buzzed to the beach down the road (2 min ride). Sat there for a moment, and boom...waterspouts were popping out!

@pathfinder said:
    Fantastic catch!!

May I ask what this was shot with, and were you ashore, or on a boat at the time??

Mahalo! I was ashore, and this spout was about 3 to 4miles out. I used a Canon 7D mk II + EF 75-300. The hardest part was hand-holding that rig steady enough in the wind to get the shot. Because there was a light drizzle, I kept the hood on the lens, but it definitely caught a LOT of wind.

@David_S85 said:
    +1. Cool indeed! I'd much rather see one of those than the other kind we can have here in the midwest.

Ha! Me too!!!