Options

Night Shots, favorites

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited September 13, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Closing early, Summer's End

8444776-L.jpg

Looking to Charleston from Mt Pleasant

8444774-L.jpg

I still like these, it was definitely after sunset, but I have to try for some contrast, I did let them go a bit darker, while maintaining some facial features and details:

8445107-L.jpg

8445109-L.jpg

Later on the Isle of Palms, not much was open, After Labor Day: This one and the top one were shot in RAW. I am ashamed to say that none of them were on a tripod, except for the cityscape over the Cooper river.

8444775-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2004
    Nice shots
    Ginger, I like the mood of the first one, but I feel like it needs a person looking in the window or something. I still like the two little girls, but I would like them sharper. This night shooting is tough. It's hard to find people out at night when the stores are closed.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    snapapple wrote:
    Ginger, I like the mood of the first one, but I feel like it needs a person looking in the window or something. I still like the two little girls, but I would like them sharper. This night shooting is tough. It's hard to find people out at night when the stores are closed.
    Especially when it is a tourist area and it is raining and grey. Lucky me, it is raining hard enough now for reflections, but it is not night yet.

Yes, the first one, well, it was the one my harlots were in before, I was soooo disappointed to find it closed. About three men watching football with a locked door. They said there is just no business. I was supposed to go back last night, but I didn't.

I found out about a couple of night spots, just found out today, but I really don't want to go without Bill................that would be next Sat, the only time he has.

ginger (Did you notice the last photo, it is empty of people. That is looking down the street from the first one of the closed cafe/bar place.)

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    Been having trouble with Netscape. Have not been able to get on dGrin for a while. Working now, at last.

Yes I noticed that long empty street. Do you think that kind of shot would be good for the upcoming challenge? For Alone? Looks like that's what the topic will be. It's actually a good shot, it's just that it has no real subject. Needs a "hook", eh? :D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog