Options

Maui Daydream

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Aloha everyone!  

I finally took a little time to put together a video for my own entertainment, showcasing some of my own favorite Maui scenery.  Mostly aerial imagery, a little 'other stuff' folded in here and there.  Making this piece has inspired me to choose a theme / area of the island and make a more specifically focused project.  The grading on this project was challenging, as I mixed old footage with new, spread between multiple cameras and multiple shooting modes (because now I shoot differently from how I shot 2 years ago).  Feel free to comment & offer any suggestions or advice for improvement.   

Mahalo for viewing!

Comments

• Options
    kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Awesome footage, JonaBeth. Makes me want to visit Maui instantly! The soundtrack is also superbly fitting to the dreamy and beautiful landscapes you shot there (I do like the fast forwards during the faster parts in the music).

I wish the wave coming in at 1:10 would be mixed in a little louder, if there is suitable audio recording of it. Or maybe pause the music during the wave splashing in. I think that would add a little more drama :smile:

May I ask details about what you have used to shoot and process the footage?

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    Awesome footage, JonaBeth. Makes me want to visit Maui instantly! The soundtrack is also superbly fitting to the dreamy and beautiful landscapes you shot there (I do like the fast forwards during the faster parts in the music).

I wish the wave coming in at 1:10 would be mixed in a little louder, if there is suitable audio recording of it. Or maybe pause the music during the wave splashing in. I think that would add a little more drama :smile:

May I ask details about what you have used to shoot and process the footage?

Mahalo for watching and commenting! That wave shot, unfortunately, has no sound. But you're right, if it did, that would so much better!

All of this was shot using the following cameras: DJI Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, GoPro Hero 5, Canon 7D mk II & iPhone 7 Plus. Post production was done in FCPX.