Photojournalism

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Does taking pictures of newspapers count as photojournalism? I think in this case it does. A brief background: President Lula was jailed for corruption a few days ago here in Brazil, becoming the first ex-president in Brazilian history to be jailed. The picture was taken the following morning. For me the story is not only in the headlines.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited April 13, 2018

Fascinating. I know nothing about the newspapers in Brazil, but I'm guessing that Extra--if that's its name--isn't the most reliable news source. It's running the story beneath the fold, while the lead is a babe.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Thanks Richard. That's what caught my attention, this mix of a momentous event, glam shots, home magazines and the woman on the lower left casually flipping her finger...

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Of course it's photo journalism and it's a good aggregation...

Good see...

Rags

Thanks Rags.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

A fine shot. I got the point loud and clear before I read what you were trying to do.

@Cornflake said:
    A fine shot. I got the point loud and clear before I read what you were trying to do.

Thanks Cornflake, glad to know I was successful in conveying the idea. I felt the need to provide some background as I guess that not all Dgrinners follow Brazilian politics.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

The issue was discussed on our public radio fairly often, but I think you were right to provide some explanation in a forum of this sort.