CH56 water and air

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited January 22, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Yea, yea pretty normal stuff but what do you think???

53190104-L.jpg

I put color in this one

53190129-L.jpg

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2006
    ooooooooooiloveyou.gif

i love that 2nd one thusie....

fantastic photothumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2006
    Nooooo! You beat me to it!
    I've had the same idea! And billions of bubbles later, I'm now having to chose ONE of... http://muddyknees.smugmug.com/gallery/1140482

Like you, I initially had a very monochrome result, and am still debating whether to go that route.

Have you tried REALLY cranking up the saturation & contrast in yours, but adjusting the color balance for slightly less blue, to get some hint of other colors in there? You might find some very interesting color patterns in the water surface without it becoming too surreal. It looks like you chose deeper water than I did and would thus get less of the earthy tints showing through than in mine. I'd be curious how the colors would turn out in yours.

Gary
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2006
    Gary,

You DO have a bunch of bubble pictures! They are all very nice so now how do you choose? I'm serious! I took 5 and futzed around all day about itheadscratch.gif

Daniel, thank you very much for the complement!
    edited January 22, 2006
    Ok couple more

53415872-L.jpg

Think I got a bit carried away with this one?? Looks like space monsters

53418683-L.jpg
  • canonguycanonguy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    muddyknees wrote:
    I've had the same idea! And billions of bubbles later, I'm now having to chose ONE of... http://muddyknees.smugmug.com/gallery/1140482

Like you, I initially had a very monochrome result, and am still debating whether to go that route.

Have you tried REALLY cranking up the saturation & contrast in yours, but adjusting the color balance for slightly less blue, to get some hint of other colors in there? You might find some very interesting color patterns in the water surface without it becoming too surreal. It looks like you chose deeper water than I did and would thus get less of the earthy tints showing through than in mine. I'd be curious how the colors would turn out in yours.

Gary

I like this one. Nice reflections.

53152863-M.jpg
    edited January 22, 2006
    He has some great bubbles doesn't he?
    edited January 22, 2006
    I like the 2nd one here, (which is the same as your first one in your first post, that DanielB also liked). The composition appeals to me more.

Also, the red shades in the first one here seems unnatural - unless you're going for some ind of "blood in the water" theme. if this was the result of my earlier curiosity over what would happen to this "deeper water" shot if you cranked up the saturation while also shifting away from the blue cast, well, hmm... not quite what I expected!

Are these bubbles of a stream or a lake? My guess is it could be Lake Erie surf? One reson I'm asking is to figure out whether you've captured one thing I've been trying to catch in my own bubbles quest, namely, the submerged bubbles just emerging from the pool below the falls, before they begin to merge into larger bubbles on the surface.

BTW, I apologize for "hijacking" your thread - that was not my intent but I think I should not have included the link. Sorry.

Gary
    Thusie wrote:
    Ok couple more

53415872-L.jpg

Think I got a bit carried away with this one?? Looks like space monsters

53418683-L.jpg
    edited January 22, 2006
    Gary hijack away I enjoyed the link to your bubbles!

Ok these pictures were taken at the fish hatcery which is a series of square shallow pounds. The bubbles came from the water coming out of a 4-5" fill pipe. It was very overcast the water is very murky, actually gray. Have the raw files if you want to take a peek. Anyway cranking up the satuation was very interesting since it didn't change anything much, the only way to get color was to make fake color:D

I do hope you are going to enter one of your shots?

And thanks for taking the time to stop back in.
    edited January 22, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Ok these pictures were taken at the fish hatcery which is a series of square shallow pounds. The bubbles came from the water coming out of a 4-5" fill pipe. It was very overcast the water is very murky, actually gray. Have the raw files if you want to take a peek. Anyway cranking up the satuation was very interesting since it didn't change anything much, the only way to get color was to make fake color:D

Ah, overcast, yes, the first time I went to shoot some air for this was also overcast, and I was considering just going monochome (after all, air is supposed to be colorless).

Actually the greenish tinge to the last photo you posted seems to be quite plausible given there may be some algae coating that concrete.

Gary