Options

Lightroom upload

SuzPhotosSuzPhotos Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited April 21, 2018 in SmugMug Support

Can photos from Lightroom be directly uploaded to Smugmug?

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,236 moderator

You can upload directly from Lightroom by using the SmugMug Lightroom plug-in.

See the help page http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1491124-how-do-i-upload-from-lightroom

• Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

It's one of the better integrated and most convenient tools, I basically maintain my web site with the plugin, creating Smugmug folders and galleries inside lightroom.

It can't do everything, you still need to set themes, customize pages, sort galleries within folders, create smugmug smart galleries (different from Lightroom smart galleries). And Smugmug broke the feature image feature some time ago and still owes us a fix in the quick settings. But over many year's it's been a rock solid tool.

Note when you first use it, if your smugmug account has images already in it that come from your lightroom catalog, you can let it try to sync up and tie them together. how well this works depends a lot on exactly what you did to get them loaded and how many similar images you have in lightroom, but it's worth a shot if you want to get the current SM hierarchy inside of Lightroom rather than starting over.

• Options

I just followed the video tutorial for installing the plug in, but it isn't there. I've enclosed two screen shots here for you to see what I am talking about. It says it is installed.

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,908 moderator

Have you tried restarting LR?

• Options

Yes, I have several times.

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,236 moderator
  • Options

Lightroom Classic (I thought) came with it pre-installed. What version of Lightroom are you using?

Smugmug's documentation is a bit obsolete as they refers to "LR CC". Lightroom CC cannot, to my knowledge, use the plugin, only Lightroom Classic CC (thanks Adobe for such clear and unambiguous names).

So far as I know you are able to install on the Lightroom CC CLassic manually by their instructions as well; I would just try following that path and doing it manually. I never use the Creative Cloud manager for plugin maintenance. Unfortunately I am not sure with this plugin whether it was pre-installed or just there because I had it and upgraded, and I do not have a "clean" system to test on.

• Options

I am using the subscription software Classic CC. I can try the manual installation, but the instructions said it was very straightforward with the automatic installation, that is what I chose.

• Options

@SuzPhotos said:
    I am using the subscription software Classic CC. I can try the manual installation, but the instructions said it was very straightforward with the automatic installation, that is what I chose.

Not saying the Creative Cloud installation should not work, just have not tried it; as someone mentioned above the help desk may be more able to specifically help. The plugin certainly does work.