A Nicer and kinder keyword page

RVetterRVetter Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
edited April 27, 2018 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Keywords isn't a very easy page (site/keyword) to read and not very friendly to anyone that is of poor sight. The issue is that the keyword page is trying to let you know what words are common by making the text in my case a bright white. Lessor known words are faded. While its very photogenic it also isn't very practical. I can override it with theme to make them all white but than you lose the weighted look which is another problem. Can we perhaps go with the more traditional look where the words are colored one color that doesn't blend into the background and instead increase in size and/or boldness?

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins

Sounds like you removed the default /keyword keyword box and replaced it with one of the "cloud" boxes.

Here's mine with some CSS. Nothing like you describe.
    https://www.photosbyat.com/keyword

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • RVetterRVetter Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2018
    > @Allen said:
    > Sounds like you removed the default /keyword keyword box and replaced it with one of the "cloud" boxes.

I'm using the default /keyword and yours is doing the other problem. Go into your theme and remove the text color and watch what happens.

I'd post the link but the board won't let me.

vetter[dot]pics/keyword

I could probably workaround it though by adding an image of the color and add a light mask.
  • RVetterRVetter Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2018
    I have to say, whoever laid out how SmugMug CSS to make it easily customized was a smart cookie. I was able to basically use it to quickly change how SmugMug presents keywords to something that is more readable and conveys why it looks different better. I'm getting there now.

Edit: and I'm pretty much there. Not sure on the active color choice yet but eh close enough till I find a better.