Options

Show Photo Info directly in Gallery

LYSVIKLYSVIK Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
Is there way to show some specific EXIF info as shown by the Photo Info box below the caption on the gallery page of a photo

I canno't insert a screenshot

I also canno't a link to the website.

so i'll try it this way:

On my website there is a gallery with a collection of Windmills

Gallery shows photo of windmill
then
1/213
then
Heading
then
Caption
then
Keywords/Tags

I want to show DATE TAKEN and SIZE below Caption and above Keywords/Tags

Can this be done?

Goal is to inform visitor is direct about those two important EXIF items
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins

Not anyway I've ever heard of. But you can add it in the caption. Would be easy but repetitive.
    Open 'Info" to copy from and paste into caption. Leave info open and march from photo to photo.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2018

@Allen said:
    Not anyway I've ever heard of. But you can add it in the caption. Would be easy but repetitive.
    Open 'Info" to copy from and paste into caption. Leave info open and march from photo to photo.

I do this (to insert the filename to the end of the caption) using a Lightroom plugin called LR Transporter. It lets you put any exif data into any other field.

By putting a little html into the caption and a little css on the site, I get results like this:

Just takes a couple clicks in Lightroom to add it to all photos in a gallery.

Dave

• Options
    LYSVIKLYSVIK Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    Thanks Allen for the idea. By hand this would not work because currently I have over 1.300 images (stock photos) in Galleries. However, based on the idea to pull the EXIF info into the Caption field I found another method by using a plugin in Lightroom 6. This will work for me because I build and maintain the Galleries from within LR using the SmugMug Plugin. For those interested: google for "Caption builder added to Search and Replace".