Options

Deco Theme

CJMOSERCJMOSER Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins

Is there somewhere to go to see the documentation on DECO Theme? I need to know where to control the slide show and dimensions of the images so that it displays properly.

I would also like to take the nav bar and center it at instead of it riding the top of the screen.

Any suggestions.

James Moser
James-Moser.com

Comments

• Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins

The Deco theme uses a full-screen background slideshow by default. This is set on the Background tab when under Customize > Content and Design. Since the slideshow takes up the entire page background, there's not really a way to set the dimensions of the images. They'll always fill the entire screen. If an image requires cropping for the viewer's screen size, a centered crop will be applied. If you don't want that, you could remove the background slideshow, and instead, add a Slideshow content block to the main view. The slideshow content block will always show the images without any cropping.

Re: your nav bar, did you want to make that in the center of the page for just your homepage only? If so, what you could do would be to enter Customize > Content and Design, and click the Settings button in the header. Enable the "Independent Homepage" option here. This allows your homepage to ignore any customizations you've added under the Entire Site section. This is a way to make your homepage into a "splash" page, that looks different from the other pages on your site. That could allow you to remove the header entirely, if you like, and you could then add a new Menu content block to the center of the page (beneath your name/tagline, for instance). That would also allow more of the top of the background slideshow images to appear.

I hope this helps!

Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options

That helps a lot. Thanks !

• Options

Is there documentation on Smugmug themes so I know all the sections and pieces? For example CSS to control font on entire site?

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator

@CJMOSER said:
    Is there documentation on Smugmug themes so I know all the sections and pieces? For example CSS to control font on entire site?

I'm not aware of any documentation on the themes but you can see the code if you need to using tools available in browsers. I usually look using the web developer tools in either Chrome or Firefox.

To change the font for your site:
    Customize
    Content and Design
    Click Entire Site on right
    Click Theme
    Edit the active theme

• Options
    lbarrelllbarrell Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Hi Guy's
    I'm currently trialling Smugmug and have set my site to use DECO Theme, is there a way I can control what images are shown on the front page slideshow. IE I want to create a specific Gallery that will be for the slideshow only.
    Many thanks
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited November 11, 2020

@lbarrell said:
    I'm currently trialling Smugmug and have set my site to use DECO Theme, is there a way I can control what images are shown on the front page slideshow. IE I want to create a specific Gallery that will be for the slideshow only.

The content of the home page is not related to the theme you choose to use.

To change the homepage,

• Customize
    • Content and Design
    • Click Homepage
    • In the On Homepage section, click to edit the slideshow, or drag a new slideshow content block. You can specify where the slideshow photos come from.

See help pages at https://help.smugmug.com/create-a-unique-homepage-HyOgkeD1NSG and https://help.smugmug.com/using-the-slideshow-content-block-rk3hFgBPz.