Have you ever noticed that Basketball players ...

patrickbeilpatrickbeil Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited January 21, 2006 in Sports
Pat

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 21, 2006
    Patrick,
    Most Bballers are right handed and are better dribbling and going to their right. But, it's still a turkey shoot even if you are on the other sideline, since the ref, defenders and the shooters own arms, ruin the shot on a way more than occassional basis...lol

IMO, under the basket is best, but has it's own issues. That's why I try to vary my locations/perspective. You're eventually going to get some nice action from at least one of those locations.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • morrisphotography2003morrisphotography2003 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2006
    Have you ever noticed that basketball players have a tendency to go to their right, and the better side of the court to be on is to their left? I was shooting from the right tonight, and noticed the lack of faces. I seemed to be getting all backsides. So, I moved to the other side (to the Left of the players as they attacked the basket), and the faces appeared!

I am curious if this is a common observation. Comments???

53250886-S-0.jpg
    I have found that the best place to be is behind the backboard (if you can get the good spots, ie. stage)
    Bob.
    52161562-M-3.jpg53112857-M-1.jpg
  • morrisphotography2003morrisphotography2003 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2006
    Bob,
    That would take the left/right issue out of the equation! The three gyms I have shot in do not have a stage across the end line. I will have to try it when I get the chance. Thanks.

This school that I shoot at was just built about three years ago and it is a photographer friendly gym, great lights, big open court and a stage at the one end that is only about 18" off the floor. It puts you in the middle of the action.
    Bob.
    edited January 21, 2006
    where is canfield, ohio?
    edited January 21, 2006
    Just southwest of Youngstown, Northeast corner of the state.
    if you get a chance to get over to Canton you need to find McKinley H.S. and make sure to take your camera and follow RAYMAR MORGAN he will be going to Mich. State next year. You will want to get set up for some great shots. He is ranked 35th in the nation as far as H.S. Basketball players.
    Good luck Bob.