Birds , Semi abstract birds

mongoose330mongoose330 South AfricaPosts: 148Registered Users Major grins
edited July 14, 2018 in Wildlife

Slow shutter speed with pan .
Used lightroom to clean and touch up image , I take the photo almost like this

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of Fear

Comments

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,405Registered Users Major grins

Nice, really like the first one.

• mongoose330mongoose330 South AfricaPosts: 148Registered Users Major grins

Seagull in Flight Abstract .

To some people its just a blur , but there is sense of balance between the movement , and the stillness , the colors , even the totally rule breaking composition. To me its an image that hies its subject in such a way , you might be able to imagine its a gull swooping , but the curves and swirls . yep , and others see it as a blur or a mistake.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 12,056Super Moderators moderator

@mongoose330 said:
    Seagull in Flight Abstract .

I really like the third photo.

To me , the color plays an important role in presenting an emotion or feeling that i hope people get when looking at this

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,365Registered Users Major grins

very cool!

I thought i would just show you all that i can take photos that are in focus and not blurred ....lol

• Tony BrittonTony Britton Major grins Central Coast of CaliforniaPosts: 345Registered Users Major grins

Wonderful and creative series. I especially like images 3 & 4. Well imagined and presented!

Tony

@Tony Britton said:
    Wonderful and creative series. I especially like images 3 & 4. Well imagined and presented!

Tony

Thank you so much for the compliment Tony.

I keep thinking back when i first attempted this type of"arty" photo , I was working a a yacht club and i would buy a loaf of bread , In the seagulls would come and i would blast off about 200 to 300 shots , then go through the pictures and edit , and select 2 or 3. I was pretty proud of the created art work , and I showed a fellow photographer. There is a bit of a lesson to any one who reads this. This fellow photographer was extremely brutal in remarks about my blurred bird photos . I still remember this sentence " Yea ,I guess you can called photos that are out of Focus art , crap art " I was rather hurt , I said nothing in retaliation , I brooded over that sentence for a good many months and did not produce or attempt any arty stuff . I lapsed into crystal clear rather sterile images .

Yea , I sometimes think to much , but I have this philosophy with my photography , its called " My Delusional Arrogant self belief " - Its become my mantra , , i repeat io myself when a profound and brilliant creative photo i show on Facebook gets 2 lies and is buried beneath crappy cell phone photos and a multitude of thousands of sunset photos . A sunset is already a master piece , , no one needs to do anything to make it beautiful . But here is what i see a creative brilliant photo , blurs of movement , streaks of color , soft and swift , balanced , and something that stirs something inside me like great art should.
    " My delusional , arrogant , self belief" , repeat after me.

I am pretty lucky , i have a mind that can argue with itself , like skit-so , more a whole farm yard of personalities,

Mr Nice goes " Paul , listen to that photographer , he has been taking photos for years , look how popular his stuff is , listen to his advice , stop this blurred art stuff "
    Mr Rebel chirps " Screw that , who wants to be like all the sheep , create , annoy , piss people off , be arrogant , "
    Mr Sensitive artist says "my feelings are hurt , i am never going to show the world my work , they dont deserve it , i am also going to be mood and depressed for at least 2.5 weeks "
    Mr Rational says " Hey take that criticism , cherish it , people dont give out criticism anymore , everyone just likes everyone else stuff , and no one says anything bad encase a personas feelings are hurt , and anyway not many people cant take a few moments of thier precious time to give you something for free "
    MR Sleepy splutters and grunts " Hey .. do you lot mind , keep it down , some of us are trying to sleep "
    Mr ADD squeals and shouts loudly ..." ohh Look a Butterfly "

If i had listened to what other said about my work , I would not be as daring and creative as i am , I am by no means some extraordinary genius , I am not that delusional or arrogant. But i have had to believe in my own work , and have absolute faith in it , I know its so easy to become polluted and diluted by what is "right" and mainstream and ones work suffers by becoming just like everyone elses , paint by numbers , color in between the lines. I explore , I fiddle , i FAIL , i laugh , and i dream . I allow my photos to evolve , and every single bit of advice and criticism that is given out to me , I cherish those words , I take small bits here and there , I try , and i experiment , because let me tell you one thing , crtits are not easy for photographers to dish out , they are exposing themselves to the the world , if its terrible advice , ones ignorance is so easily highlighted. So its just easier and safer for fellow photographers just to hit that like button. And it becomes this snow ball type thing ... New ideas , thoughts , different techniques are not even able to manifest themselves in writing.

My way is not the right way , my opinion is my opinion . , we are all human , but I have become more empathetic , and try and give advice , but making suggestions rather than demands. I have also tried to start telling people what i liked or sw in their photo and why its worked for me. Ones careless flippant remark can crush a photographers creative spirit before they could charge the world with their art.
    Even I forget about this sometimes , and its one of my Bondage/Discipline/Masochistic personalities , I usually make some crappy comment on a photo of a super pro , like telling him the photo would have been way better if it was in portrait rather than landscape. Well lets just say , i am not often invited to photo gatherings and i have not received any Christmas cards from certain photographers.

To wrap this up., Be empathetic , be honest , listen , try and experiment., dont be silent , offer suggestions , question and above all , never stop having fun , play with your works. and Never stop believing in yourself , Cherish advice , as the person who has given it to you , took the time and effort to string a few sentences together , most people will not even acknowledge that you exist .
    Dr Seus aid it :" No one else can do you better tan you , so never stop been you "

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,405Registered Users Major grins

Great series. Love the green swoosh.

@Juano said:
    Great series. Love the green swoosh.

Obligado ... thank you very much .

edited August 1, 2018

Incoming Storm

• Tony BrittonTony Britton Major grins Central Coast of CaliforniaPosts: 345Registered Users Major grins

Another wonderful example of your artistic expression. An intriguing, mysterious dreamscape!

Tony

edited August 9, 2018

Flight 346

Taken with a canon Rebel 350