Replace images without replacing their upload date

kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Hi folks,

I was wondering if it was possible to replace/update images that were already uploaded by a new version/upload without changing the uploaded date of the image.

I organize most of my galleries by sorting them after date uploaded, and also have a virtual gallery called "Recent" where I collect those images from other galleries that shall be displayed on the front page (most recent upload first). So, when I replace an image with a re-edited version, I do not want it to move on top of the list, but stay where it has been.

Is this possible?

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Comments

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Oh, never mind - there's actually a "Replace" function, but it seems it is only available in the Lightbox (when viewing the photo), not in the organizer.

Works for me. Would be great to have it available in the organizer, tho :-)

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

• rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins

You can get to the Replace function in the Organizer as well. Double-click on any image thumbnail in the Organizer, and that will open the Lightbox view. You can use the wrench icon > replace from there as well.

Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Thanks for the tip, @rnrjosh . I still wonder why it is not part of the wrench menu that is actually built into the organizer.

Also, the UI of the replace image function is quite... weird, compared to the rest of the UI (no progress bar, and also a very different look & feel). Is it some kind of legacy function?

• rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins

That Replace screen is a "legacy" SmugMug page, so it will look a little different than other pages. I'm sure we'll get around to updating that screen some day :)

Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero