Lake Clark Bears

shniksshniks The Light ExplorerPosts: 875Registered Users Major grins
edited August 9, 2018 in Wildlife

Hi all,

I had a fabulous time at Silver Salmon Creek in Lake Clark, Alaska. I got lucky as there was a cancellation a few weeks ago and I managed to get two nights at SSCL. Got to see plenty of grizzlies, but unfortunately, there weren't any clams and so I lost out on the bears clamming. I will have to go again to capture that event. Below are a few images from my trip (shot with the D850 and the Sigma 150-600 Sports lens). I am still in the process of going through all my images (and of course, euphoric about this experience). Additional images on my website here. Thanks for looking.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,365Registered Users Major grins

Wow! Some real "posters" in there! Cheers!

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 12,078Administrators moderator

No. 3 for the win. Wow. Those are all excellent. Glad you were able to get up there.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • pathfinderpathfinder Drive By Digital Shooter western IndianaPosts: 14,348Super Moderators moderator

What a fantastic set - you must have had great time!! Good looking bears!

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • double_entendredouble_entendre Gene pool chlorinator Posts: 113Registered Users Major grins

Amazing captures and love the cubs. Adorable!

• willard3willard3 Jefe Máximo Posts: 1,730Registered Users Major grins

Good set.....love the cubs

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • MoonMan04MoonMan04 MontanaPosts: 32Registered Users Big grins

These pictures are incredible! I have the same lens and I'm amazed at how sharp some of the photos turn out. Anyways, well done!

Kyle C. Moon
    Gallery: Moonman.Photography