Options

Hurricane Lane (Tropical Nuisance) - Maui Update

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Yesterday we ventured out into the world to see what's happening with this Hurrican't. A little rain now and then, an occasional breeze, 84-85*F....pretty much like any normal winter rain day on Maui.

At first the rain kept the drone grounded, forcing me to play more with the slow-mo video mode on the Sony a7r3. 3-5ft surf heights make for great slow-mo vids! Finally the rain lifted enough (between rain bands, seen broken up in the sky) to make the flight, and I'm so glad I did.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Nice work, JonaBeth. I'm sure glad you guys escaped the full brunt of that hurricane. I dealt with a brutal one here in Jax last year and it's no fun.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet Maui!

• Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Nice work, JonaBeth. I'm sure glad you guys escaped the full brunt of that hurricane. I dealt with a brutal one here in Jax last year and it's no fun.

It's been interesting, living here for 3 years thus far. Historically, the channels surrounding the islands work together with trade wind currents to thwart hurricanes' attempts to make landfall. Not impossible, but mostly improbable. We have 2 more headed this way, so we'll see what happens!

@Stumblebum said:
    Sweet Maui!

Thank you!!