The Wedding Dress Project (Men wearing wedding dresses)

mongoose330mongoose330 South AfricaPosts: 137Registered Users Major grins

This is a project i have been busy with for the last 4 months . I was donated a wedding dress , and yes a very nice one at that , from a random person on Facebook , who has been following my photography.

She said the dress has bad memories and maybe i could do somthing useful with it...

Well , HELL YES I CAN

So I have been convincing men , most with beards and hairy chests to wear the wedding dress , BUT I want to take photos of them in the dress doing every day things men do..

Like walking the dog , Going to the shop , Waiting at the bus stop
Sitting on the toilet...

I ask my "victims" I mean dress wears to be secure in their masculinity and be MEN ," just dont let the dress femanize you" , i shout at them...

So then do a few photos for me , and then I quickly get them out of the dress..

I ask them How they felt after wearing the dress..

Many said " Judged " , Other felt insecure , threatened was another word used..

With a long silence , I remind them , "This is how many woman feel when they are alone in a nice outfit in Public "

Would love to hear some comments from men and woman , would you do this ? Would you allow your son or husband to partake in this project ? And tell me why

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of Fear

Comments

• mongoose330mongoose330 South AfricaPosts: 137Registered Users Major grins

Some of the guys its a bit of a squeeze , so i have had to learn how to sew , so the rips dont spoil the dress.. I have had to wash it once already , Beer ,and sweat all over the dress

This project is ongoing , If you are in Cape Town and would like to participate in this project , Please get hold of m e... Or if you have a bigger wedding dress to donate , I would be over the moon..

• sarasphotossarasphotos Major grins Augsburg, GermanyPosts: 2,005Registered Users Major grins

A great creative idea, Paul. I like the way it makes you think. Interesting shots, too!

• CavalierCavalier Life is a Bokeh Foresthill, CaliforniaPosts: 1,892Registered Users Major grins
    edited September 2, 2018

After reading your intro and seeing the first shot, I laughed so loud I scared the dog. Really creative use of a bad-juju wedding dress. I love this! (My only complaint is that the thread is buried in the Go Figure category.)

@Cavalier said:
    After reading your intro and seeing the first shot, I laughed so loud I scared the dog. Really creative use of a bad-juju wedding dress. I love this! (My only complaint is that the thread is buried in the Go Figure category.)

Many thanks for that great comment. Its awesome to know that I can make someone scare their dog from the other side of the world , and all just using my photography skills.
    I must admit i hesitated a bit when about to cement this project and its idea ,, then again , if we cannot laugh at those things in life that have let us down .
    I have also been finding that this whole concept seems to have a way of not only making people think a little , but its given many of the wearers a bit of a spark . Many people do the same routine , eat the same food , , no excitement .. and then I come along with a wedding dress and a way of pushing people to do things that they would never do , well.. hehehehh