Low-light love

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Major grinsMauiPosts: 703Registered Users Major grins

I'm constantly learning to push my gear to it's usable limits, especially in low-light or high dynamic range scenarios. Not long ago I purchased a Sony a7r III, and I am constantly blown away at this camera's abilities!

This image, straight out of the camera (save for the watermark), was captured at ISO 32,000....a number my Canon 7d mk II doesn't even have. 32,000 is the native ISO cap on the Sony cam, but it expands all the way to 104,200, which I've used to capture video of stars. It's crazy what technology has unlocked for us, and to think that it's continually improving is blowing my mind.

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,197Registered Users Major grins

It's amazing and sometimes daunting. Maybe in a few years out best work will look like stone-age photography.

• toragstorags Major grins Posts: 4,266Registered Users Major grins

It is amazing... so when are you going to invite us over?

Rags
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Major grins MauiPosts: 703Registered Users Major grins

@torags said:
    It is amazing... so when are you going to invite us over?

Come on over, we'll knock back a beer or two!

• toragstorags Major grins Posts: 4,266Registered Users Major grins

:D :D :D

Rags
  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,304Registered Users Major grins

Wow no noise at that ISO.....crazy. Whatever you did, doesn't work normally it would be grainy as crap. Second why was such high ISO needed? No tripod?