Options

Partner with.....

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited January 22, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
Has anyone here ever partnered with David's Bridal? Their vendor program will host 1 photographer per location. I've just signed up and should be seeing the results within a couple of weeks.

I get to leave an album in the store along with business cards and flyers. I also had to print a postcard insert that will get placed in every new brides care package.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken on this adventure?

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2006
    I have heard of it (at least it sounds familiar), but never heard any details of it. Please let us know what it is like and how it works for you.

Did you contact them or did they contact you about it?
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    Shay,

I will be happy to give details as they unfold. I'm expecting my print to come in this week and I will be spending next Saturday at the store. They give me a decorated table in the store where I can leave a photo album along with any other documentation and I can hang out there as much as I want to meet the brides. I'm thinking they will be a small goldmine for wedding photography. This particular store had their slowest month in June 2005 with 250 new brides. That alone seems very good to me and since I'll be the official photographer for this location I could be a wealth of work.

We originally called the local store to see if we could put business cards in their store and the sent us on to Corporate. We talked so a lady in corporate and she explained to me that it is a vendor program. It's $350 per month with a 3 year contract with opt-out option after 1 year.

They are very happy with their program and will give you phone numbers of other people in their vendor program so you may call to see how they like the program. Well since my IT job looks like it will relocate to India within the year this was a very good option for me. Maybe this will give me the chance to get out of IT and make a living at doing something that I've always wanted.

Wish us luck! We will report back soon.

kc7dji
    I have heard of it (at least it sounds familiar), but never heard any details of it. Please let us know what it is like and how it works for you.

Did you contact them or did they contact you about it?
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    Sounds like a rocket booster jump start for you!

Hang on tight mwink.gif
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie