I will Venmo someone (ANYONE) money for phone support!

marknalymarknaly Tampa, FLRegistered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 4, 2018 in SmugMug Support
If you are an experienced SmugMug user and will share a screen with me to work out some SmugMug basics I'll happily Venmo/PayPal.
I have an iPhone and a PC and I can't find the best way to get my pics into SmugMug off my phone.

PLEASE do not send me links or video's on how to do it... I've watched them all and there is always a bump in the road that stops me. I just want to speak with a human being.

Comments

  • AllenAllen "tweak 'til it squeaks" St. Louis, MoRegistered Users Posts: 9,850 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2018

    I use the IOS Smugmug app on my iPhone. Browse to the gallery to upload to and pick the upload icon bottom right corner. It opens my camera roll where I select what to upload. Can't get much simpler.

    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website | My Blog
  • marknalymarknaly Tampa, FLRegistered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Thanks Allen.

    I tried that also... but I'm only getting 60% of the pics on my phone to show up in the SmugMug app. Some of the pics on my phone are housed in iCloud or some other format that doesn't allow them to get detected by SM. Also, you can only upload one vid at a time. That's painful.

    Does anyone out there use an iPhone with a PC?
  • leftquarkleftquark Former SmugMug Product Team Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,757 Many Grins
    edited October 7, 2018

    @marknaly said:
    Thanks Allen.

    I tried that also... but I'm only getting 60% of the pics on my phone to show up in the SmugMug app. Some of the pics on my phone are housed in iCloud or some other format that doesn't allow them to get detected by SM. Also, you can only upload one vid at a time. That's painful.

    Does anyone out there use an iPhone with a PC?

    We want to make it as easy as possible to upload photos from your phone to SM. I’d love to know more about only 60% showing up in SM. Do the other 40% show an error of some sort? Multiple videos can be uploaded at one time and if you’re seeing something different, I’d also love to know more about that (screenshots for example). Are the 40% that don’t make it anything special other than photos? Are they Live Photo’s, Slow-Mo videos, etc?

    Until we can add auto backup into the iOS app, the easiest way would be to transfer your photos from your phone to your PC computer, and then upload from your computer to SmugMug. Apple has instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

    I know you asked not to be sent links and I just did exactly that but it’s the best I can do at the moment and my hope is that it might get you to your outcome faster. If you need help, let me know and I can have one of the support heroes reach out specifically to you.

    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    Website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
Sign In or Register to comment.