Today's Porsche Carrera GT shoot

TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
edited January 21, 2006 in Holy Macro
53365400-M.jpg

My small gallery is here. A local Porsche/Audi tuner is working on modifying a customer's Carrera GT. A buddy of mine was asked to stop by and take some pics for their website and marketing materials. I tagged along to assist with the lighting and ideas. What an incredible machine. Plus, I got to play with his 1D and assorted L glass for a bit. I had no idea how massive the 85/1.2L really is. :wow Makes my 50/1.4 seem quite insignificant.
panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
Sony F717 | Hoya R72

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2006
    Hmmmmm just a thought
    TristanP wrote:

My small gallery is here. A local Porsche/Audi tuner is working on modifying a customer's Carrera GT. A buddy of mine was asked to stop by and take some pics for their website and marketing materials. I tagged along to assist with the lighting and ideas. What an incredible machine. Plus, I got to play with his 1D and assorted L glass for a bit. I had no idea how massive the 85/1.2L really is. :wow Makes my 50/1.4 seem quite insignificant.

I like the label but not the blurring on the top right of the Badge, it actually looks out of place ?? is it the angle you shot it on??
    Really sharp till you hit that right side ? maybe you intended it to be that way ?? what a detailed Badge they put on those cars ...wow even.

Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2006
    Yeah, my aperture was too large resulting in the narrow DoF. I couldn't tell from the screen with a quick glance and then didn't have time to reshoot. ne_nau.gif Oh, well. It was still a great experience.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72