Icc profile. Pictures look dull, sometimes.

VikingViking Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited January 22, 2006 in Finishing School
My Photo Lab have a icc profile for the costumers. My qeustion. Shall i do all the work in RGB/lab/cmyk and then convert to my labs profile, or work with it all the time?

The pictures look a bit dull when I have converted it, and other ones looks fine. Like this one looks awfull, not bright at all. Is that becous the colors is out of gamut? Can I do something to get it bright, as it is in the sRGB picture?
frukt.jpg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    Soft Proofing to the Rescue

Does your lab want your files in sRGB? If so, be sure you are in sRGB before you soft-proof.
  • VikingViking Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Soft Proofing to the Rescue

Does your lab want your files in sRGB? If so, be sure you are in sRGB before you soft-proof.

Thank you for the url. The picture looks great when I soft-proof. Not as terrible when I converted it to the profile. Is't that a bit strange? I also have out of gamut colors.

My lab dont say anything about sRGB, only that I sould save them in jpeg highest quility.

Is it the soft-proof that is The result I will get on paper, or is The result when I have assignd/or convert to the profile? I dont have any out of gammut colors when I assign a profile.