Options

CH 56 - Castle in the Air

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited January 23, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
So, no time, no camera, and still i was dumb enough to open my mouth and suggest air as a challenge. Kind of a last minute thing, but i came up with something. Got a color and a b/w one, sofar my preference goes out to the color. I know it's a last minute thing, and i am not done with it, but if you guys and girls have any suggestions, i am listening!
53406034-M.jpg

53437980-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    Cute idea! I think for me, my eye is drawn to the balloon more in the black and white. The balloon does not yet pop out enough from the background in the color.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    queequeg wrote:
    Cute idea! I think for me, my eye is drawn to the balloon more in the black and white. The balloon does not yet pop out enough from the background in the color.
    thanks, i think i am changing my mind to the b/w one aswell.

Could anyone refresh my english, not being native and all. "Castle in the air" and "Air castle" could they both mean the same? Even though it is an actual picture, the balloon looks a little fake in both the pictures for some reason.
  • Options
    queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Could anyone refresh my english, not being native and all. "Castle in the air" and "Air castle" could they both mean the same? Even though it is an actual picture, the balloon looks a little fake in both the pictures for some reason.

"Air Castle" may imply that the castle is made out of air as well as it being in the air, whereas "Castle in the Air" can really only be taken to mean just that.

I think maybe it looks fake because while the balloon is sharply in focus, the background is also (albeit not as sharply) in focus. For some reason anything very clearly defined looks very fake to my eye (ex, CGI in movies, when I can see exactly what things are flying out of an exploding building, looks fake).