Can I lock selected gallery photos from download?

mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins

I have.gallery setup. Photos are available for download, however I would like to have specific ones displayed but not be able to be downloaded.
Is this possible?

Comments

• TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins

Are you wanting to have items the gallery set to be sold as digital downloads and have some set to not be sold in the same gallery or are you wanting to set some to be set to be download for free and some not? Depending on your setup and what you want to accomplish will determine what can be done. I will tell you that you can not set some to be downloaded for free and some not. As for selling downloads you can assign 2 different pricelists ( one with downloads for sale and on with them NOT for sale) to the gallery and choose which items to apply to each pricelist. The 2 pricelist option is only available if you are at the Business/Pro level so please keep that in mind.

If you have more questions or need help setting that up please email is at help@smugmug.com and we will be more than willing to help you with the setup.

Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins

The gallery is for free downloads. A couple images I did some extra processing and wanted those displayed so the person gets their free download and sees the extra one(s). Those extra ones I wanted those unavailable to download, but I wanted the person to see. Those ones have PROOF all over them. The webpage tells the person to contact me to discuss additional purchases.

• tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee

Keith, you can just create a new gallery and upload those photos to that gallery. Make sure that watermarking is turned ON in that gallery and that you disable downloads in the gallery settings section.

SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me