Options

Trouble updating my gallery descriptions and bio...

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited January 22, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Anyone else having this issue? While in the gallery view, I click Edit, make a change, then hit Save. I then get the Updating prompt in the top left of the screen, and then it just sits there indefinitley. I can't update my bio either...same thing happens.

Even in my control panel, I can't update my bio. I'm using IE6. I turned on script debugging and got the following error:

53443284-S.jpg

Any ideas??? I got this error on my 'naynlou' account, but I'm also having the same issue on my other smug account...

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    Anyone else having this issue? While in the gallery view, I click Edit, make a change, then hit Save. I then get the Updating prompt in the top left of the screen, and then it just sits there indefinitley. I can't update my bio either...same thing happens.

Even in my control panel, I can't update my bio. I'm using IE6. I turned on script debugging and got the following error:

53443284-S.jpg

Any ideas??? I got this error on my 'naynlou' account, but I'm also having the same issue on my other smug account...

Sorry - just back from a kid's birthday party. Workin on it, give me a few :D
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2006
    Hi Lou,

Sorry to report: your site is working fine for me in IE6, logged in, I could edit your bio, edit captions etc. All ajax functions working properly. Including on the control panel, too.

You must have a javascript setting in your IE gone hinky... can you reset to factory defaults, then clear cookies, cache, reboot etc. Set Javascript to YES and see if you can perform the editing functions.

I'll be around again later.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2006
    I put (and of course removed) the *** in your bio above.

Here, I made (and removed) a test caption. All in IE6.
  • Options
    Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    Dunno...
    Andy wrote:
    I put (and of course removed) the *** in your bio above.

Here, I made (and removed) a test caption. All in IE6.

I tried everything you suggested to no avail. Something is hosed. So I ended up installing Firefox and am using that now to update the site. Thanks for checking in on this Andy.
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2006
    I tried everything you suggested to no avail. Something is hosed. So I ended up installing Firefox and am using that now to update the site. Thanks for checking in on this Andy.

ne_nau.gif Lou - I'm really sorry! I wish I could "see" your IE setup. Glad you have Firefox - it's a wonderful browser.

Sorry you're still having troubles.