Options

Mobile Display

TLSepkovicTLSepkovic Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
I just finished customizing my website. I was so excited to finally be finished and share it with friends and customers...until I viewed it on my cell phone. The home page looks awful. It is wrapping text and images are cut off, not displayed in full. The gallery images display properly but the home page is awful and there is no way anyone viewing it would go beyond the home page.

I submitted a support ticket and the response I received seemed like a template one stating that it would automatically adjust for the device and that customization is not available at this time. It if were automatically adjusting, this wouldn't be an issue. I am beyond frustrated and refuse to believe that in 2018 these webpages aren't set up for proper mobile device display.

My website is:
www.tlsepkovicphotography.com

Can someone please take a look at this and tell me I just missed checking a box or something when I set it up? There has to be a way to correct this.

Thank you!
Traci

Comments

• Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins

For the record, I don't think it looks so bad, but it could be improved. The issue with the background image is that most people will look at your site with their phones in portrait mode, but their computer monitors are oriented in landscape. There's no way to choose different background images for computers and phones, so you'll just need to carefully select photos that work well in both orientations. For me, it was just trial and error, as well as cropping images specifically for background use.

You can use CSS code to make adjustments to the text size for smaller screens only, so you won't affect the site on computers.

But to me the bigger issue is the text disappearing into the background on both mobile and computers. You use black text for the menu and header, and white text for the site name. The white text disappears when there's a light background image, and the black text disappears when there's a dark background. There are a lot of ways to solve this, but it'll take some additional designing. The easiest way might be to only use light or dark background images, and choose a text color that stands out.

Dave