New Model, Nicole!

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited January 30, 2006 in People
i just started working on some pictures from my shoot with nicole. i shot these the same day that i shot alessandra in the fog. this one really caught my eye, and i wanted to get some honest opinions about it. i really like this picture, and her face, but i feel like some people might think her expression is a little wierd. also, should i make her eyes pop more, or do they pop enough? please tell me what you think. thank you. i'll be posting more of her soon.

53338912-L.jpg

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    Yeah, the expression is a little off-putting. But it's a nice shot, otherwise. I wouldn't work on a whole lot of pop for the eyes, but I would reduce/elminate the blue cast in them. And maybe some sharpening, if you've a mind to.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 22, 2006
    get that girl some chapstick, would'ya!! Eyes are good, I agree with David. 'Cept, I don't mind the expression, it's kinda what ch'ou lookin at, punk?-ish.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Yeah, the expression is a little off-putting. But it's a nice shot, otherwise. I wouldn't work on a whole lot of pop for the eyes, but I would reduce/elminate the blue cast in them. And maybe some sharpening, if you've a mind to.

nice catch on the bluish cast, that's kinda wierd, but i'll get on that soon. i already sharpened them, but wasn't sure if it was enough, i guess it wasn't. thanks a lot david!
    DoctorIt wrote:
    get that girl some chapstick, would'ya!! Eyes are good, I agree with David. 'Cept, I don't mind the expression, it's kinda what ch'ou lookin at, punk?-ish.

i think that's why i like the expression, some good attitude. and i'll possibly smooth out her lips. thanks!
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    nice catch on the bluish cast, that's kinda wierd, but i'll get on that soon. i already sharpened them, but wasn't sure if it was enough, i guess it wasn't. thanks a lot david!

It's enough for me. I said to sharpen them if you're so moved. I don't think they need it. Just get rid of the blue, for my taste.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    this one really caught my eye, and i wanted to get some honest opinions about it. i really like this picture, and her face, but i feel like some people might think her expression is a little wierd.

I like it. It's a little unsettling, which in this case I think is good. It makes it stand out from the crowd of 'good photo of pretty girl'. I like portraits with some emotional impact, this one has it. All good... :):

Luke

PS. I wouldn't smooth anything, this photo is a 'tell it as it is' type of thing... (IMHO)
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    I like the expression and the eyes as they are (minus blue cast).

I'm with Eric on the lips though...

Nice job!

Erich
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    No nic-pic for me,just get me a model like that:D
  • James EakinJames Eakin Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 22, 2006
    Nice image, but white shirt top draws my eye.
    The white shirt top (bottom of image) draws my eyes to it. You may want to crop it out of the photo or tone it down. Good image for the most part.
  • stephcha@nmsu.edustephcha@nmsu.edu Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    i like it.... sorry i have been in lurker mode for some time. I like the image... I played with it a bit. Would be happy to email if you are interested

steve
    edited January 23, 2006
    thank you all for your comments. i really appreciate it! i'll be posting some more soon.
    edited January 30, 2006
    here's a couple more of nicole and a touched up version of the picture i already posted. please tell me what you think! thanks!
    54479737-M-1.jpg

54479669-M-2.jpg

54479770-M-2.jpg