Boat Names

WernerGWernerG Major grinsPosts: 437Registered Users Major grins

I keep a file of interesting boat names that I come across here in Maine.

And the ever popular....

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Drive By Digital Shooter western IndianaPosts: 14,358Super Moderators moderator

Great set!!

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 12,119Administrators moderator

Great idea for a thread!

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • WernerGWernerG Major grins Posts: 437Registered Users Major grins

Thanks for the comments. If anyone has more boat names pics and wants to add them to the thread, please feel free to do so.

• mongoose330mongoose330 South AfricaPosts: 164Registered Users Major grins

I always wanted to name my yacht " Under " ..
    If you know any Radio communication language , it would be damn funny talking to the Ports authority.
    This is Under , over.
    Go ahead under this is port control , please state the name of your boat , over
    Under , over.

I used to work at a Yacht club in South Africa on the west coast , I remember one a small home built trimaran called Tinkerbelle , the owner a total stoner.. One day wind picked up heavy and his engine died and he had to Call a Pan Pan ( Like an emergency , but not near death ) on the Radio .
    The guys ragged him endlessly in the Bar , Tinkerbelle and the Pan Pan

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of Fear
    https://paulwatson.smugmug.com/

• moose135moose135 Major grins Long Island, NY, Charlotte, NC and points between...Posts: 1,314Registered Users Major grins

@mongoose330 said:
    This is Under , over.
    Go ahead under this is port control , please state the name of your boat , over
    Under , over.

"Roger, Roger"
    "Do you have the vector, Victor?"

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,449Registered Users Major grins

Very fun set

• willard3willard3 Jefe Máximo Posts: 1,754Registered Users Major grins

Nice set, Werner.

A wry lot, boat owners

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata