Photos of the Same Graffiti piece over 9 years

mongoose330mongoose330 South AfricaPosts: 178Registered Users Major grins

Faith47 is a South African female graffiti artist who has works all over the world. She might not be as famous as Banksky but her works are recognisable and hard hitting. I first took a photo of a piece called " And all shall be equal before the law" that is painted in Cape Towns High Court District at the top of the Company Gardens. I first took a photo of this piece on the 5 jan 2012 , Here are the photos i took over the years , I unknowingly recorded the beautiful decay of this fine piece. Graffiti is not made to last forever , but it gains a new emotional content as the city swallows it up.

Jan 5 2012

1 dEC 2012

1 Dec 2012

3 August 2013

Feb 14 2015

Nov 19 2016

3 Jan 2019

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of Fear
https://paulwatson.smugmug.com/

Comments

• mongoose330mongoose330 South AfricaPosts: 178Registered Users Major grins

On a side note - The Piece was created on the 1 April 2010 ..

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of Fear
    https://paulwatson.smugmug.com/

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,547Registered Users Major grins
    edited January 6, 2019

Great series, sad and contemporary... all equal under the law in severe decay...

The February 2015 and the last one are specially poignant.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Stuttgart, GermanyPosts: 206Registered Users Major grins

Quiet disturbing display of the current state of affairs in South Africa. I'm not sure if I'm informed correctly by our media, but probably the decay of this piece is reflecting what currently happens - the destruction of the dream of Equality that Mandela brought to the country and fought for such a long time.

That being said, I have a special love for the art of Graffiti (especially those large murals) - whether legally or illegaly painted doesn't matter to me. And you captured this one pretty well. Also I didn't know this artist (Faith47), so thanks for sharing and for the pointer to the artist. I'm gonna dig up some more of her work as soon as I have hit the Post button!

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com