After the Storm

StueveShotsStueveShots Major grinsPNW MountiansPosts: 524Registered Users Major grins
edited March 2, 2019 in Landscapes

Some of you may have noted the weather news coming out of Oregon this past week. In my area, we broke a 117-year old record for a single snowfall--and my home received over 2 feet in 18 hours. The storm last quite a bit longer, and at the end we had 3-4 foot drifts over our property. But when the sun came out, it was glorious.

Comments

• roaddog52roaddog52 Major grins In the sticks, NE of SeattlePosts: 1,096Registered Users Major grins

Great capture. Nice job on the exposure and processing. During the recent record snow fall in the Puget sound area, we received almost 2 ft. We still have 2-3 inches in the backyard 2 weeks later. Crazy weather this year!

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Major grins MauiPosts: 822Registered Users Major grins

This is great! Loving the tree, and the man with the snow blower is a perfect touch. Thanks for sharing this image with us!

• StueveShotsStueveShots Major grins PNW MountiansPosts: 524Registered Users Major grins

Thank you, RoadDog--the entire NW seems to have been hit hard. I think we will have mounds of snow on our property well into spring! :)

Thanks, JonaBeth. The man with the snow blower is my hard-working husband. (He stands 6'3"...to give you some sense of scale. Based on the height of the tree, that juniper may be well over 200 years old.) The snow-blower couldn't handle the initial dump of snow, so he hand shoveled our entire 200-foot driveway to remove the first 2 feet. I helped a little, but not enough to count. He's my hero!