Backpacking on New Zealand's West Coast

WildernessExclusivesWildernessExclusives Denver, COPosts: 23Registered Users Big grins
edited March 8, 2019 in Journeys

This trip was back in November. But, due to a hard drive...issue...I just got these images back, I thought they were gone! The entire country is magnificent. For the purposes of this discussion I'll start with a couple of images taken from the Copland Track, on the west coast of the south island. First, was my welcome to this temperate rain forest. Next, Welcome Hut is a welcome sight after 11km of trekking and several stream crossings. Finally, the moon setting to the west illuminated the Southern Alps while I did some stargazing!
Bring plenty of strong bug repellent if you venture out that way! Enjoy!

Check out my page: Images, and photography/travel blog:wildernessexclusives.com

Comments

• El GatoEl Gato Global Trekker Posts: 367Registered Users Major grins

Wonderful images!

I hiked the south island, west coast (Greymouth to Franz Josef) roughly 10 years ago, thanks for bringing back some great memories and good times, with your photos.

• WildernessExclusivesWildernessExclusives Denver, COPosts: 23Registered Users Big grins

@El Gato said:
    Wonderful images!

I hiked the south island, west coast (Greymouth to Franz Josef) roughly 10 years ago, thanks for bringing back some great memories and good times, with your photos.

That's awesome I'm glad these images brought back those memories, the West Coast is unreal!

Check out my page: Images, and photography/travel blog:wildernessexclusives.com