Iris moods

CornflakeCornflake Major grinsPosts: 2,389Registered Users Major grins

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 12,268Super Moderators moderator

I love the second photo!

• EiaEia Major grins Posts: 3,618Registered Users Major grins

the last one -- Just GORGEOUS! I like the small water drop on the first one with the detail but then the second one just explodes! I still see a water drop on the second. i like the crop showing it's symmetry. This is really a winner! How did you do the white backdrop?

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,389Registered Users Major grins

Denise, Anna-Maria, thanks! The second photo was backlighted from direct sun coming through a window, softened by a white diffuser. I overexposed a bit to blow out the white diffuser and lighted the iris with a flash. It's about the airiest lighting I could think of.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Major grins Augsburg, GermanyPosts: 2,173Registered Users Major grins

I like them both - the sensitivity of that single water drop on the stem in #1 and the superb symmetry against the white background of #2. My only very small quibbles would be about cropping: in #1 maybe just a teeny tad away from the bottom (although I do appreciate the elegance of the height of the photo conveying the length of the stem); in #2 I am very, very slightly disturbed by the fact that there's a bit more white to the left of the flower than to the right. But really, I'm nitpicking.

Thanks for the feedback, Sara. I'll give more thought to the crops.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,550Registered Users Major grins

Even before clicking on it I expected something great and it indeed is! Bravo! How beautiful!

High praise indeed, Taz. Thank you.

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,576Registered Users Major grins

Wow, #2 is wonderful, congratulations!

Cristobal, thanks.

• redleashredleash Texas Grins San Antonio, TXPosts: 3,758Registered Users Major grins

That second shot is stunning!

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 12,282Administrators moderator

The mood is good in the first, but that second pic has winner written all over it.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,476Registered Users Major grins

Well, Don, I'll add to the chorous. The second shot is absolutely stunning. Well done.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Lauren, David, Tom, thanks. That was an approach to lighting I'll reuse.