Options

Oceanfront Condo

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited March 13, 2019 in Other Cool Shots

Good afternoon everyone!

Today I'm sharing another oceanfront / ocean view property set. The client specifically asked for sunset time on this one, and it was a good call. The clouds gave some good color tone, much of which was able to be brought out in post. The space itself is rather small, so I went with 16mm glass to open things up, but still doesn't stretch things to look weird (aka the 6ft wide refrigerator look).

First image is pretty self explanatory. Second image was specifically set up to use the sun flare to draw attention away from the unsightly rain drain pipe running down the wall in the center of the frame. With real estate listing photos, you can't photoshop this stuff out, because it's illegal for the realtor to omit things that would be seen in person. So, piped and power lines are just a thing to figure out as I go along.

Anyhow, these were shot on Sony a73 + 16-35 GM, and a gentle amount of strobe to paint the shadow areas. Mahalo for viewing!

Comments

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

More excelent work, you have a good eye for compositions. Nice balanced lighting too.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@OrvSal said:
    More excelent work, you have a good eye for compositions. Nice balanced lighting too.

Mahalo Orv! I just realized I had the images in the wrong order, so my write-up didn't really make sense. lol

I love what I do, and I'm so incredibly and humbly grateful for every opportunity to live this life. Before professional photography, and before professional adventure guide work, I spent 15yrs as a high end wood worker. My forté was custom interior trim work, custom built-in cabinetry, and fancy wood staircases. Also spent a little time as a timber framer. I'm certain that this collective experience is what lends well toward being able to create this imagery, and ensure that I'm getting straight lines, appealing framing, and so on. It's so nice that you and others see & appreciate this stuff, thank you again!

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Man that is some good work and I hope I can overcome the envy of these material things.......

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

JonaBeth. I do appreaciate your work as I too shot rental units in Southern Cal for over three years and know what it takes to show a dweling in it's best light and angles. I was not up to your standard but enjoyed it too. Unfortunatly most of mine were vacant and how does one make 500 plus bedrooms look inviting. Most newbies think it is easy money that all you need is a smart phone and do not have to do any post or straighten the verticles. Keep doing what you are doing, it is top notch!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com