The Old Jetty

PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Davidweissphotos.comLong IslandPosts: 905Registered Users Major grins

Long Beach, New York
Canon 5D Mark III
F/18 30 Sec. Exposure
10 Stop ND

These are the last rocks remaining of the old jetty. Soon, the Army Corp. of Engineers will pile new rocks onto the old ones and extend the jetty further out into the Atlantic Ocean completing the Hurricane Sandy rebuild of Long Beach. I figured I would capture the stones before they are buried forever. Thoughts? Critiques? Comments?

David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | Pentax K10D | iPhone
My Website
Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |

Comments

• kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAPosts: 11,459Administrators moderator

Nice! I like the silky water effect and the comps. You do have some chromatic aberration (purple and cyan fringing) where the black rock faces meet the water. Easily corrected in manual portion of the Lightroom lens correction panel, defringe settings.

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,425Registered Users Major grins

I also like them, David (although not the watermarks). The long exposures worked very well here.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,566Registered Users Major grins

Lovely

• PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Davidweissphotos.com Long IslandPosts: 905Registered Users Major grins

@kdog said:
    Nice! I like the silky water effect and the comps. You do have some chromatic aberration (purple and cyan fringing) where the black rock faces meet the water. Easily corrected in manual portion of the Lightroom lens correction panel, defringe settings.

Thanks. I did get rid of those. I realized I left image stabilization on even though it was on my tripod. doh!

My Website
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Davidweissphotos.com Long IslandPosts: 905Registered Users Major grins

Here is a re_edit

My Website
  • kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAPosts: 11,459Administrators moderator

Perfect!

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 12,313Administrators moderator

The re-edit is much better.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

@David_S85 said:
    The re-edit is much better.

thank you

My Website