Options

Selling Gift Items Only

DavidRbnDavidRbn Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited January 23, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hello All,

This is my first post on dgrin. Hopefully this isn't a stupid question.

I am a pro user, and I want to set up a gallery for selling luggage tags only. Is there a way to set up an image where the only product available for sale are luggage tags?

Thanks for any input. I'm looking forward to interacting with people on this forum.

Dave

my old gallery:rolleyes
www.pbase.com/rbndave

my new gallery:thumb
www.davidrbn.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    Dave,
    just set the price for all other products to zero by entering 0.

Welcome to dgrin! 1drink.gif

Hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2006
    Thanks, but setting everything to zero didn't work. All products reset to smugmugs defalts. Maybe I did something wrong.?

I want all images in one particular gallery to only be available for sale as luggage tags. Here is the gallery: http://www.davidrbn.smugmug.com/gallery/1149049

Thanks again.

Realized I started this thread in the wrong forum. Mods feel free to move it.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    DavidRbn wrote:
    Thanks, but setting everything to zero didn't work. All products reset to smugmugs defalts. Maybe I did something wrong.?
    Did you check it by logging out? This gives you the perspective of your customer. When you're logged in I think you're able to buy the whole range with no limitations.
    You can easily switch between administration and customer view by having two different browsers running, like Firefox and IE.

I checked it on my site and every item priced zero is not displayed when I'm not logged in.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    we're re-writing the pricing help section, but here's what it will say:
    Pro users: Setting print prices

Pro account users can set their own prices and earn a profit.

Note: When you're logged in, the prices you see in the shopping cart will be SmugMug's base prices, not the prices you set. This enables you to order at cost. To see the prices your visitors will see, just log out!

Tip: View your site from a second browser — logged out. We love Firefox!

Your profit is calculated as 85% of the markup over the base price of the prints.

How to set prices:

While logged in with your main password (not as a guest), choose the Photo Tools pull-down menu below any photo. Select Custom Pro Pricing, the top option.

You can price at three levels. We recommend that you start by pricing at the portfolio level. Portfolio pricing applies to every printable image on your SmugMug site.

You can override portfolio pricing by using gallery and individual image pricing. Gallery pricing overrides portfolio pricing, but not image pricing.

Note: If you are reading this after pricing at the gallery level, no worries: you can add portfolio pricing to catch any holes in your gallery pricing. Your gallery pricing will still override portfolio prices.

Step 1: your portfolio

When you select Pro Pricing, the first page you'll see is for setting prices for a gallery of images — the gallery you were in when you selected “custom pro pricing.”

Click the portfolio link. You’ll see the words "setting prices for your complete portfolio."

Enter a 0 (zero) for any product you do not want your customers to order (you can override this for any gallery or image later). Products with a zero will not be presented to your customers when they purchase prints.

Please do not enter currency symbols, such as dollar signs. It may look like a good idea, but our system will not make any product with a currency symbol available for sale.

Enter the price you wish to charge in any field.

Products with blank fields are available for purchase at SmugMug's default prices and are not tracked or listed in your sales reports.

Note: If you've set portfolio prices and want to sell prints from one of your galleries at smugmug's default prices, we have to apologize for an inconvenience. You'll have to set the prices for that gallery above smugmug's default prices, such as a penny higher.

Step 2: gallery prices

Now that you've set prices for your portfolio, you can ignore gallery (album) pricing. Your portfolio prices are automatically applied to all new galleries you create.

However, if you want certain galleries to have prices that are different from your portfolio prices, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the gallery whose prices you want to set.

2. Choose the Photo Tools pull-down menu under any image, and click Custom Pro Pricing.

3. Set the prices for this gallery as you did your portfolio prices, above.

Note: Any fields left blank on the gallery pricing page will be available for purchase at your portfolio pricing for those items.

Step 3: image prices

If there is a special image you wish to price differently from the portfolio and gallery pricing that you set above, navigate to that image.

Follow the steps outlined above for gallery prices, making sure you have chosen the image option instead of gallery or portfolio. Prices you set for any image will override your portfolio and gallery prices.

The quick pricing tool

After you set prices for a gallery (not an image or your portfolio), the quick pricing tool makes it a snap to apply those prices to another gallery (or image):

1. Navigate to your new gallery and pick custom pricing from the photo tools pull-down menu.

2. From the quick pricing pull-down menu, choose the gallery whose pricing you want to copy. In the example above, it's the Big Kahuna Half Ironman Triathlon.

3. Click the apply button.

4. Now click the update pricing button on the bottom of the page.

That's all there is to it.
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2006
    Oh, and wave.gif Welcome to dgrin, David!
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Oh, and wave.gif Welcome to dgrin, David!

Thanks for putting up with my newbie questions. I figured out the log in log out trick about 45 minutes after posting. Maybe I should have used the search function before asking in a forum 1drink.gif

Thanks again

dave
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2006
    DavidRbn wrote:
    Thanks for putting up with my newbie questions. I figured out the log in log out trick about 45 minutes after posting. Maybe I should have used the search function before asking in a forum 1drink.gif

Thanks again

dave

Don't even think twice about it. I work for SmugMug and know a lot - but I'm amazed more by what I *don't* know :D

Ask any questions you like deal.gif