Spring on Central Avenue

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Criticism would be welcome.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2019

I sure like the impact of the water droplets, being as they are the star of the show. Given that, though, I have a little dificulty in discerning a clear subject of interest. I wish the rider and bike had not been present as I think the image would be more mysterious and focused without them. Your PP work is really good here.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Thanks for the feedback, Tom. :)

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I like it!
    I would be curious to see a crop leaving the torso of the biker out, I think that would leave everything on the frame covered with droplets. I don't know, the body of the rider seems unnaturally dry.

Thanks, Cristobal. The bike was riding between sprinklers. They weren't as far apart as the telephoto compression suggests.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

It's an unusual image. My first reaction was that I wanted to see the rider's whole head. But now I'm not so sure--might be more mysterious this way. Something about the light makes me think of photos of astronauts on the moon--maybe it's black contrasted with the white drops.

"It's an unusual image." Thanks. :)

"My first reaction was that I wanted to see the rider's whole head. But now I'm not so sure--might be more mysterious this way." The rider was pretty much a dark blob. Also, I didn't want him to be a center of attention.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I like everything about this. Like the depth, like the subjects, like the light

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Thanks, Willard.

• WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins

I like this as is also. I think the bike and rider adds reality to the abstraction of the water drops.