Spring on Central Avenue

CornflakeCornflake Major grinsPosts: 2,375Registered Users Major grins

Criticism would be welcome.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,455Registered Users Major grins
    edited April 14, 2019

I sure like the impact of the water droplets, being as they are the star of the show. Given that, though, I have a little dificulty in discerning a clear subject of interest. I wish the rider and bike had not been present as I think the image would be more mysterious and focused without them. Your PP work is really good here.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
  • CornflakeCornflake Major grins Posts: 2,375Registered Users Major grins

Thanks for the feedback, Tom. :)

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,559Registered Users Major grins

I like it!
    I would be curious to see a crop leaving the torso of the biker out, I think that would leave everything on the frame covered with droplets. I don't know, the body of the rider seems unnaturally dry.

Thanks, Cristobal. The bike was riding between sprinklers. They weren't as far apart as the telephoto compression suggests.

• RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainPosts: 18,813Administrators, Vanilla Admin moderator

It's an unusual image. My first reaction was that I wanted to see the rider's whole head. But now I'm not so sure--might be more mysterious this way. Something about the light makes me think of photos of astronauts on the moon--maybe it's black contrasted with the white drops.

"It's an unusual image." Thanks. :)

"My first reaction was that I wanted to see the rider's whole head. But now I'm not so sure--might be more mysterious this way." The rider was pretty much a dark blob. Also, I didn't want him to be a center of attention.

• willard3willard3 Jefe Máximo Posts: 1,826Registered Users Major grins

I like everything about this. Like the depth, like the subjects, like the light

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Thanks, Willard.