High key portrait - a bit strange

NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited January 23, 2006 in People
Hi!

I was playing around a lot with photoshop on this one.
Do you like it?
53584620-M.jpg
Regards,
Andreas

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    Andreas,
    This is a beautiful, haunting portrait.

I like the way she dissolves into the high key lighting. Can you share how this was lit?
  • ShannonWShannonW Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    I like it as well very nice. Could you share what you did in PS.
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    this one's a keepa! real nice, dare I say: scary sexy? something different and well executed

clap.gif
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    I like this one way more than any others I have seen of her. She looks way better without big black circles around her eyes. Very flattering picture.
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    Very cool effect. My one and only suggestion is to make both eyes equal. The left eye has more color than the right eye does, probably a side-effect of the Photoshopping you did.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    Hi my friends!

WOW, thank you so much for your feedback!
    Its amazing how a picture that you find rather mediocre is so well received by many people, while your absolute favourites are just "nice" for them. This happens to me all the time. :D
    I just posted this image because I had a not so good day, and just wanted to post SOMETHING. rolleyes1.gif
    Ahh, I feel a lot better now.
    Mitchell wrote:
    Andreas,
    This is a beautiful, haunting portrait.

I like the way she dissolves into the high key lighting. Can you share how this was lit?
    Thanks! The only light source was window light from the right. It was a very overcast day - softbox sky. The actual high key effect was added later in PS.
    ShannonW wrote:
    I like it as well very nice. Could you share what you did in PS.
    Thank you!!
    I developed the RAW file in ACR. Then I started to play around with it in PS. I smoothed out the skin a bit, and added the high key effect with a plugin called "LightMachine". (URL: http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/lightmachine/index.htm ).
    I think I even used on of the presets of this plugin.
    Then I used USM (120,80,0) on the eyes and the lips in screen mode.
    It took maybe 5 minutes. :)
    LeDude wrote:
    this one's a keepa! real nice, dare I say: scary sexy? something different and well executed
    Thanks for your nice words!
    I don't find it sexy. I think of it as if she is "going into the light" and in the last moment she looks back at you. Will she turn around? Or is she already too far away? Will you follow her? :grim
    Owen wrote:
    I like this one way more than any others I have seen of her. She looks way better without big black circles around her eyes. Very flattering picture.
    Thank you very much, Owen!
    mercphoto wrote:
    Very cool effect. My one and only suggestion is to make both eyes equal. The left eye has more color than the right eye does, probably a side-effect of the Photoshopping you did.
    Thanks! :) You are right about the eye, didn't notice it at all! Her right eye is a darker because of the lightning, but the USM made it a lot more noticeable. I will make another version. :)

Regards,
    Andreas