Options

20Ds available on eBay??

BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
edited September 21, 2004 in Cameras
Not sure what I'm seeing... Combination of price, availability and stuff included makes it seem too good to be true. :deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43454&item=3840050788&rd=1

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2004
    Very strange. The persons feedback looks good, and I assume you noticed that he was listing it as a dutch auction and that he had 15 of them to sell. he has the same listing listed 6 times. This impplies that he has 90 of these cameras to sell. It seems like a "normal person" (meaning not a camera store) would not even be able to get their hands on that many. Not to mention that the guy listed more than $ 100,000.00 worth of merchandise in a 2 minute period.

I also noticed the he is "not a registered user". I dont know why the auction still shows up if he is no longer a registered e-bay user.

I wouldn't bid on it just because of that. Let alone the rest of it. Run from this one if you want my advice.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    My mistake, he also listed over $100,000.00 dollars worth of aviation GPS systems at the same time within 2 minutes, also in dutch auctions in groups of 15.

Looks to me like someone was on and emergency fund raising escape plan.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    stay away!
    those are mostly scammers.

i just got my 20d it's in my hands, from www.tallyns.com a good outfit, i met the owner personally.

also good price, joe ... $1439

just got outta b&h, too, with a canon 15mm fisheye :D time to do some fishin'!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2004
    AWWW NO WAY!!! eekers.gif

You guys are already picking up the 20Ds?!?! Man, I hate being poor... *looks ruefully at the non-interchangable lens on the f828, though respectfully nonetheless* I think Im in love with the 20D...iloveyou.gifbowdown.gif
    He who throws dirt, loses ground...
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    We haven't got any here yet, not sure when they are coming, but one thing I am pleased about is that the USA-UK price gap seems to have shrunk with the 20d.
    The UK RRP is £1279 (inc VAT) but they are already being offered by reputable suppliers for under £1100. Still a big difference but by the time you've added shipping from the USA and VAT and conidered the warranty impications, there's not a lot in it.
    It's so SO tempting, I've hovered over the checkout button a few times already, I don't know how much longer I can restrain myself :nono
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    Baldy wrote:
    Not sure what I'm seeing... Combination of price, availability and stuff included makes it seem too good to be true. deal.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43454&item=3840050788&rd=1
    Its been delisted now!!
  • Options
    Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2004
    wolf camera
    I just got my 20d from wolf at 1599... thats because I went for the lense package (only 100.00 more)deal.gif
    www.dipphoto.com
    All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust