Options

Challenge 56 Air - my take on the theme . .

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited January 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
53597515-L.jpg

A late "air" theme idea - thought of it this morning and played around with my concept. I already entered but would appreciate any comments and thoughts.
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    Good one, like the shot and the thoughtthumb.gif
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2006
    Very nice
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    I think I like the B&W conversion better. Probably should've entered this one. Second guessing . . .

53724055-L.jpg
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    eye-maxeye-max Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Probably should've entered this one.

yep! neat idea.
    max
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    it's funny what you think up after the fact... just this AM I thought of a similar idea = (h)air dryer w/ my long blond locks being dried by a blast of hot air. oh well. Although, the pinwheels are a neat ideer. How did you get the air to show up? And I think I like the color version better.

cheers
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Frog Lady wrote:
    How did you get the air to show up?

I mounted the hair dryer on a light stand using gaffers tape. To make the "air" visable, I held a can of spray air upside down behind the dryer pointing toward the pinwheels. Upside down the spray air emits mainly the propellant which is visable.

I think it may be bad for the environment to do this. You can now blame global warming on me and my photo experiment! mwink.gif

It took a lot of trial and error to get the "air" looking halfway right.
    john w

Edward Steichen

• Options
    harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2006
    I mounted the hair dryer on a light stand using gaffers tape. To make the "air" visable, I held a can of spray air upside down behind the dryer pointing toward the pinwheels. Upside down the spray air emits mainly the propellant which is visable.

I think it may be bad for the environment to do this. You can now blame global warming on me and my photo experiment! mwink.gif

It took a lot of trial and error to get the "air" looking halfway right.

Ok .." I think it may be bad for the environment to do this. You can now blame global warming on me and my photo experiment! mwink.gif" we'll keep that in mind ! A very nice shot as well.

HarjTT

thumb.gif
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2006
    harjtt wrote:
    Ok .." I think it may be bad for the environment to do this. You can now blame global warming on me and my photo experiment! mwink.gif" we'll keep that in mind ! A very nice shot as well.

HarjTT

thumb.gif
    Very cool shot!thumb.gif What we won't do to get a great idea across!