Customizing the New Lightbox

1234568»

Comments

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Walkin' like a Penguin! Atwater, CaPosts: 4,649Registered Users Major grins
    edited January 21, 2020

@blouie said:
    As mentioned, my objective is to show captions but not show the Photo Details button. And I've tried the above mentioned code. However, probably other code is interfering. So here is the code I have now that perhaps is the interfering code:

Remove all 3 and use this:

/* Removes "Shadow" */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-v2-photo-buttons-scrim-dark {background: transparent;}

/* Displays Captions All of the Time */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-v2[data-hide-ui] .sm-lightbox-v2-hideable {opacity: 1;}

/* Removes Icons */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-v2-photo-title .sm-icon,
    .sm-user-ui .sm-button.sm-button-skin-default.sm-button-nochrome[data-elem-id="lightbox_details_button"],
    .sm-user-ui .sm-button.sm-button-skin-default.sm-button-nochrome[data-elem-id="lightbox_fullscreen_button"] {display: none;}

/* Changes Caption Color */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-button.sm-button-nochrome[data-elem-id="lightbox_image_title"] p {color: black;}

• leftquarkleftquark SmugMug Product Team Posts: 3,702Administrators, Vanilla Admin, SmugMug Product Team SmugMug Employee

@camner said:
    That's wonderful! BUT, if "Shop View" is only available to Pro and Portfolio level users, then those of use on the Power plan are going to be SOL, right? Obviously that's a business decision for SM to make, but since Shop View is intended to help Pro and Portfolio level users drive their selling-prints business (and presumably those that use SM primarily as a sales platform are less likely to have captions, let alone prefer to have captions always showing), might SM consider making the option to show captions by default NOT be limited to those with higher level plans?

Absolutely. This setting wouldn't be something we'd gate on specific plans. One way I could invision it being built is that certain options within that setting (like Shop View) wouldn't be shown if the plan didn't support it. For example, for Power/Basic accounts, the options could be "Details, Share, Comments" while Portfolio/Pro would have an additional "Shop" option.

SmugMug Director of Product / dGrin Afficionado
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • camnercamner Beginner grinner Posts: 85Registered Users Big grins

@leftquark said:

@camner said:
    That's wonderful! BUT, if "Shop View" is only available to Pro and Portfolio level users, then those of use on the Power plan are going to be SOL, right? Obviously that's a business decision for SM to make, but since Shop View is intended to help Pro and Portfolio level users drive their selling-prints business (and presumably those that use SM primarily as a sales platform are less likely to have captions, let alone prefer to have captions always showing), might SM consider making the option to show captions by default NOT be limited to those with higher level plans?

Absolutely. This setting wouldn't be something we'd gate on specific plans. One way I could invision it being built is that certain options within that setting (like Shop View) wouldn't be shown if the plan didn't support it. For example, for Power/Basic accounts, the options could be "Details, Share, Comments" while Portfolio/Pro would have an additional "Shop" option.

Wonderful to hear! Thanks.

• blouieblouie Austin, TexasPosts: 37Registered Users Big grins
    edited January 26, 2020

@Hikin' Mike said:

@blouie said:
    As mentioned, my objective is to show captions but not show the Photo Details button. And I've tried the above mentioned code. However, probably other code is interfering. So here is the code I have now that perhaps is the interfering code:

Remove all 3 and use this:

```
    /* Removes "Shadow" */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-v2-photo-buttons-scrim-dark {background: transparent;}

/* Displays Captions All of the Time */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-v2[data-hide-ui] .sm-lightbox-v2-hideable {opacity: 1;}

/* Removes Icons */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-v2-photo-title .sm-icon,
    .sm-user-ui .sm-button.sm-button-skin-default.sm-button-nochrome[data-elem-id="lightbox_details_button"],
    .sm-user-ui .sm-button.sm-button-skin-default.sm-button-nochrome[data-elem-id="lightbox_fullscreen_button"] {display: none;}

/* Changes Caption Color */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-button.sm-button-nochrome[data-elem-id="lightbox_image_title"] p {color: black;}

Doesn't work. It still displays the Photo Details button. It works in the sense that clicking the Photo Details button then reveals the caption and the captions display, without having to again click Photo Details, throughout the clicking forward. But all I want is no Photo Details button and just the caption.

I guess I give up. All I wanted was to have it the way it was before the new Lightbox: just the image, the caption, the left and right arrows, and the X close button.