RESULTS of MINI-CHALLENGE #287: Finding Joy in Nature (national and regional parkland)
First, let me start by saying Hurrah! You've all added to my bucket list and my secret plan worked.
What beautiful shots everyone submitted. I'll take a quick moment to highlight my favorite from each set of submissions and then I'll list the winners.
- @Cavalier, the story behind the Lake Tenaya shot was absolutely fascinating...I shared it with my husband right away. What an amazing moment to have captured! Having said that, your Monument Valley shot is a beautiful photograph--I love the sense of scale the two human figures provides and the composition appealed to me. Well done!
- @slpollet, I remember that shot of your lovely daughter and I think it is great. But the Landscape Arch shot makes me want to walk right into my screen and follow your family down the trail. As I am from sagebrush country, I find the variety of soft greens and warm ochres so beautiful.
- @GrandmaR, I absolutely want to hear all about the Serengeti trip some day, but I love the kite-flying shot from the San Juan National Historic Site. I'm struck by the happen-stance that resulted in the crowd wearing such similar colors. It give the moment a cinematic feel, as if it had been art directed.
- @lkbart: All of these are wonderful, but once again I am drawn to the folks walking down the trail in the Rocky Mountain National Forest. I especially like the fact that you caught the woman with her hands outstretched a bit for balance. It gives the image a real sense of movement and joy.
- @DavidRGillespie: A glance through my galleries will show that I love silhouettes...but in this set, that shot of the canoeist on Isaac Lake is perfection. The bit of yellow and red gives the photo energy and the peacefulness of the silky water is just perfect.
- @Pegelli: Your photo of the woman overlooking the Parque Natural Sierra de las Nieves is great. What lovely detail pops in that photo! It must bring you good memories.
- @bfluegie: I love this photo. The bright bit of pink on the delightful girl with her umbrella is just the touch of whimsy and joy that can energize a more standard landscape photo. What a fun capture!
Third place goes to Peter @pegelli
Second place goes to Barbara @bfluegie
And first place goes to David @DavidRGillespie
Congratulations, all! What fun! (And that was a lunch break well spent.)