Tequila Anyone

photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited January 27, 2006 in People
Well I have been in the woodshed for a while and thought I would pop in a share a shot or two from recent shoots.

Tequila

51685624-L-1.jpg

Pretty Valentine

53559585-L.jpg

Cold Heart

48710014-L.jpg

Ignored

43451696-L.jpg
Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

Comments

• elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Yes, please! I'd love some Tequila - although, to be honest , I hate it, but today I'm willing to do an exception. Bring it on! Great shots! All are great, but the first one is my favorite! Awesome!

Matty
  • rjpatrjpat Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Very well done, the only flaw that I see in the whole series is the reflection on the forehead and cheek of the guy, and that's pretty minor. Again, well done.
    Ron

We never know how something we say, do, or think today, will effect the lives of millions tomorrow....BJ Palmer
  • Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    All are good, but for me number 1 and number 3 are very well done.

Thanks for sharing...

Lee
    photoshow wrote:
    Well I have been in the woodshed for a while and thought I would pop in a share a shot or two from recent shoots.
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Thanks for the feedback guys, it is appreciated.
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Hi, photoshow
    Great photos! I like the poses and they match your theme nicely.
    The quality down a bit on the photos.
    Looks like you dropped the quality of the photos when
    you saved them for the web.

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
    edited January 24, 2006
    Hi, photoshow
    Great photos! I like the poses and they match your theme nicely.
    The quality down a bit on the photos.
    Looks like you dropped the quality of the photos when
    you saved them for the web.

Take Care,
    Chuck

Thanks Chuck and you are correct they are pretty heavily compressed for webuse. Typically by the time they make it to the models online portfolio they have gone from 17mb Raw files from the D2X to 400 x 600 72 DPI @ less then 50kb which is a pretty big crunch.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Nice images, I just wish they had catchlights in their eyes. They look a bit flat, lacking that extra sparkle!
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    Nice images, I just wish they had catchlights in their eyes. They look a bit flat, lacking that extra sparkle!

They have eyes! Who knew?

Sam
    edited January 25, 2006
    Owen wrote:

Thanks for the feedback and normally I would agree. In this case however the images were shot for general stock not assingment or art. As such the light was intended to be as flat as I could get it to allow a designer as much flexibility in using the images as possible. If the eyes had catchlights it would indicate specific lighting conditions an as such would limit the designers options in using the images. They would either need to match the light in their design or edit out the catchlights. Adding catchlights in post is of course a quick and simple matter so I leave them flat when ever I can.

I do agree though that catchlights would add a spark of life to the images if they were actually in use.

Thanks,
  • AndymanAndyman Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2006
    Nicely done.

I do have a comment about the first one though. It doesn't read very well with her arm straight forward like that. I think it would read better her body was turned slightly to her left while keeping her head the same, or something simliar. One way to be sure your photo will read well is to imagine it as a silohuette - if you can't tell what action is happening in it as a silohuette, then it's possible you won't be able to in the real photo either.

Granted, this is not a hard rule - as you could see if you tried to imagine your third photo as a silohuette (you wouldn't tell much from a silohuette but the photo itself is fine), but it does tend to be wise for depicting motion or many emotions.
    Nikon D50
    Tamron AF18-200mm F3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD
    Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical
    Nikon 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor
    Nikon SB-800 Speedlight
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2006
    Andyman wrote:
    Nicely done.

I do have a comment about the first one though. It doesn't read very well with her arm straight forward like that. I think it would read better her body was turned slightly to her left while keeping her head the same, or something simliar. One way to be sure your photo will read well is to imagine it as a silohuette - if you can't tell what action is happening in it as a silohuette, then it's possible you won't be able to in the real photo either.

Granted, this is not a hard rule - as you could see if you tried to imagine your third photo as a silohuette (you wouldn't tell much from a silohuette but the photo itself is fine), but it does tend to be wise for depicting motion or many emotions.

15524779-Ti.gif I didn't notice it at first but now that you pointed it out I'm with you. If she raised her hand just a tad and moved it to her left then you would get a more dynamic perspective. This would also let you change the composition a bit to make her a bit less centered and add a bit of space to the right. Since this is for stock, having the extra negative space on the right would be useful.
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    That last photo makes me think desperate housewives...