A Couple Short Eared Owls

pathfinderpathfinder Drive By Digital Shooterwestern IndianaPosts: 14,457Super Moderators moderator

I continue to edit older images shot a year ago, but I think these two frames of SE owls are worth a look, maybe.

400mm f3.2

343mm at f4

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 12,414Administrators moderator

Both good. Like the first a tad better. Placing more room in front of him/her to fly into was a good edit choice.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,675Registered Users Major grins

First one rocks Jim!

• bfluegiebfluegie Big grins IndianaPosts: 485Registered Users Major grins

I like the first one a bit more because of the softer tones in the rest of the scene. They're both great though. Boy, you can really tell that these guys have great natural camo. What beauties.

~~Barbara
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 12,472Super Moderators moderator

These are wonderful.
    I think I prefer the first image as well although the second one is very powerful - I feel like the owl is looking right at me.

• kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAPosts: 11,524Administrators moderator

Splendidly tracked. The eye contact on #2 gets my vote. Great shots, Jim!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Major grins In the sticks, NE of SeattlePosts: 1,146Registered Users Major grins

@kdog said:
    Splendidly tracked. The eye contact on #2 gets my vote. Great shots, Jim!

I agree!

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!