Telluride

dlplumerdlplumer Major grinsPosts: 8,043Registered Users Major grins
edited October 21, 2019 in Landscapes

Last Dollar Moonrise - captured as the sun was setting from Last Dollar Road in Telluride, Colorado. Taken with my Fuji XT-2 and an 18-135 one board.

Comments

• shawncshawnc shawnc Posts: 264Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 16, 2019

Nice capture Dan, Love the Alpine Glow.

Canon 5DII/5D/ 50D/70-200 2.8L IS/ 24-70 2.8L/ 10-22 USM/ 85 1.8/ 50 1.4 / 580ex + II /
    http://www.shawncarden.smugmug.com/
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 12,472Super Moderators moderator

Beautiful Dan!

• CavalierCavalier Life is a Bokeh Foresthill, CaliforniaPosts: 2,108Registered Users Major grins

Spectacular sunset. Love all the colors - from Aspen yellow to sun-soaked mountains to beautiful blue of the sky.

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Major grins MauiPosts: 929Registered Users Major grins

Outstanding!

• dlplumerdlplumer Major grins Posts: 8,043Registered Users Major grins

I added a few more to share.

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 12,414Administrators moderator
    edited October 22, 2019

Wonderful set! That last pic is a wall hanger.

EDIT:
    I would, however, do whatever you need to do to straighten that one out. Level won't work. You'll need to do a free transform adjustment.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

@David_S85 said:
    Wonderful set! That last pic is a wall hanger.

Thanks, David

• kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAPosts: 11,524Administrators moderator
    edited October 22, 2019

Yeah, these are totally awesome, Dan. The fourth one might be my favorite. The countless bare trees almost look like lace, giving the photo a surreal abstract appearance. On the first one, you can't recover any more detail in the moon from the raw file? If not, some people might be tempted to extract the moon from a different frame, size it exactly to the size as it appears in this picture, replace it and never tell. Not naming any names here. LOL. Anyway, awesome job!!

@kdog said:
    Yeah, these are totally awesome, Dan. The fourth one might be my favorite. The countless bare trees almost look like lace, giving the photo a surreal abstract appearance. On the first one, you can't recover any more detail in the moon from the raw file? If not, some people might be tempted to extract the moon from a different frame, size it exactly to the size as it appears in this picture, replace it and never tell. Not naming any names here. LOL. Anyway, awesome job!!

Thanks, Joel!

Reprocessed with David's suggestion

• toragstorags Major grins Posts: 4,348Registered Users Major grins

Excellent work Dan

Rags
  • kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAPosts: 11,524Administrators moderator

I concur, really nice, Dan!

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 12,414Administrators moderator

@dlplumer said:

Oh, so much better with everything leveled and straightened. The reflection makes that shot. Good work!

My Smugmug

@David_S85 said:

@dlplumer said:

Oh, so much better with everything leveled and straightened. The reflection makes that shot. Good work!

I ordered a metal floater to hang based on your suggestion, and appreciate the free transform advice.

@dlplumer said:

@David_S85 said:

@dlplumer said:

I ordered a metal floater to hang based on your suggestion, and appreciate the free transform advice.

Its hanging and it makes me happy. Thanks again David!

@dlplumer said:

Its hanging and it makes me happy. Thanks again David!

Sweet!

My Smugmug
  • El GatoEl Gato Global Trekker Posts: 367Registered Users Major grins

Beautiful...all of them.

There's nothing finer than fall in the mountains.

Just a thought...your last image the one that was reprocessed, had you ever consider post processing in BW?

Again, wonderful images.

• pathfinderpathfinder Drive By Digital Shooter western IndianaPosts: 14,457Super Moderators moderator

@kdog said:

My thoughts exactly!

Lovely images.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin