Mini Challenge 291~ Got My Eyes on you!

JAGJAG PhotomaniacWasilla, AKPosts: 6,893Super Moderators moderator
edited October 18, 2019 in The Dgrin Challenges

I've heard it said that the eyes are the gateway to a person's soul. Well, this challenge is all about eyes. It can be human eyes or it can be animal eyes, or even the eyes of an inanimate object if it is expressive enough, but the image must scream eyes! Not just a picture of a face with eyes, but a picture that shows the eye or eyes as the main focus of the image.

This challenge will run till October 31 2019 at 7pm Alaska time (GMT -9 or PST-1)

Here are my examples:

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Major grins Augsburg, GermanyPosts: 2,287Registered Users Major grins

Oh, that's a very cool idea Joyce. I can't wait to see all the entries!

• slpollettslpollett Major grins Posts: 1,076Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 28, 2019

Interesting topic!

1. A girl and her cat

2. Bonnie's Eyes. I lost my 18-yr old Bonnie girl earlier this year. I still miss that cat.

Edited to add:
    I didn't find the one photo that I really had in mind, but I did find this one of our Sugar kitty. She has the most gorgeous blue eyes.
    3. Sugar

Sherry P.

• JAGJAG Photomaniac Wasilla, AKPosts: 6,893Super Moderators moderator

great start Sherry @slpollett ! Thanks for getting us started.

• CavalierCavalier Life is a Bokeh Foresthill, CaliforniaPosts: 2,108Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 19, 2019

I'm embarrassed to say I only have animal photos that meed this criteria. Think it's an Anti-social problem?

1) This is Wally trying his first Selfie. All nose and eyes in deep concentration.

2) Praying Mantis giving me the teenie-weenie evil eye to leave her alone.

3) Crazed eyes of a calf not very sure if the older one is playing or fighting.

• DavidRGillespieDavidRGillespie Chilliwack, British Columbia, CanadaPosts: 410Registered Users Many Grins

I don't have a lot of human (or mammal) eyes in my portfolio, but there other images where the eyes have it, so to speak

1. Honeybee (she was pretty patient with me sticking the lens in her face, and she paused in her foraging to make sure I was not a predator)

1. Perched eagle (it was a bit chilling to focus on this bird, and realize I was being watched equally closely)

1. Tree spirit eyes. There is a trail near us, where a local artist has placed clay masks onto cedar trees. The trees either watch you, or disregard you, as this one does

• grandmaRgrandmaR Major grins Southern Maryland Posts: 1,708Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 20, 2019

I have a couple of collages that I have made which I would like to have them both considered as one entry. I don't think this is exactly what you had in mind but I thought you might get a kick out of them.

-1a Inherited Blue Eyes (Mother, Daughter and Son). The mother was 5 and the two children were 12 and 13 - photos that I took at various times

-1b Four Generations of Eyes (Great grandfather (age 79) Father (age 44), Son (age 22), Grandson) The Grandfather (my husband) Father and Son were from a four generation picture, but the Grandson was a baby at the time and his eyes were mostly squinting, so his eyes were from a photo at age 5.

-2 What is THAT?

-3 Old Time Selfie

This is a digitized slide that I took of myself in 1960 - I was holding a hand mirror in one hand and taking the photo with the other hand.

Originally I intended to have just eyes of animals, but I was sidetracked and my intentions were derailed :smile:

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Herman AuerHerman Auer Major grins Posts: 382Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 22, 2019

An eye-to-eye encounter with a White-tailed Sea Eagle, Lofoten Region, Norway.

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

Nikon gear & some lenses.
  • shawncshawnc shawnc Posts: 264Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 21, 2019

Owl Eyes!

Pelican Eye

Canon 5DII/5D/ 50D/70-200 2.8L IS/ 24-70 2.8L/ 10-22 USM/ 85 1.8/ 50 1.4 / 580ex + II /
    http://www.shawncarden.smugmug.com/
  • pegellipegelli Major grins BelgiumPosts: 5,086Registered Users Major grins

Great pictures already, good luck to the judge trying to sort through all of these :)

My three entries on this intriguing theme

1: (Lens)baby eyes

2: OOPS, you really shot me?

3: Not 1 inch closer, or ...........

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug

some great entries here. Keep 'em commin'!

• Legit_WizardLegit_Wizard UKPosts: 18Registered Users Big grins
    Amazing pictures here, well done all! I have some I would love to share, however it seems like I can only comment not upload - unless I am missing something.
  • pegellipegelli Major grins BelgiumPosts: 5,086Registered Users Major grins

@Legit_Wizard said:
    Amazing pictures here, well done all! I have some I would love to share, however it seems like I can only comment not upload - unless I am missing something.

You can't upload directly here, you need to link from another site (like SmugMug, Flickr, Photobucket etc.)

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • CavalierCavalier Life is a Bokeh Foresthill, CaliforniaPosts: 2,108Registered Users Major grins

@pegelli and @Legit_Wizard = you actually can upload files directly to Dgrin using the "Insert Image/Choose Files" (
    ) option, but there is a waiting period to post photos for new users. I would try again after a few more posts.

6 hours left on this challenge before it closes! Hurry to get your entries in!

• lkbartlkbart Wandering in left field~ Derby, KansasPosts: 1,634Registered Users Major grins

Great theme Joyce! Thought I'd throw some in, but please don't consider these entries, my next month is swamped.

Fish eyes

Laser eyes

Dilation

~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • bfluegiebfluegie Big grins IndianaPosts: 485Registered Users Major grins

Since I try to avoid photographing people, all I have are cats.
    Shadow can't believe what she's seeing

Skitz glares at the photographer, all the time...

Inky, hiding

~~Barbara

oops, forgot to come back and close this challenge. Well it is officially closed! I will get the winners up shortly! Good work everyone!