Options

Customizing Invitation to Gallery

bdphiferbdphifer Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
I am the 'photographer' for my sons' HS marching band. I have been tasked with collecting and sharing the photos of the parents. The issue we have is that because this is a HS, we need to make sure that the distribution is secure. This is why I have chosen Smugmug and plan to use the 'Invite - People I Choose' method.

My question is if there is a way to customize the invitation that the invitees will receive? I am thinking of including a note to the parents explaining what this is for and how to utilize it, so that the email doesn't get seen as junk.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,451 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2019

No, there is no way to customize the message. I just tried it for a client last week for the first time, although I decided to just set that gallery as unlisted. Anyway, I set up a test using another e-mail I had. The e-mail said "(my name) has invited you to view photos in (that gallery)". I would just let the parents know who you are and keep an eye out for your invitation.

• Options
    bdphiferbdphifer Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    Thanks for your quick help. You'd think this would be an easy thing to add, and many people would want to use it. Would be nice to be able to have your invite come from an identifiable source, and not automatically get sent to junk/spam.

Again, Thanks!!!
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

If you'd like to see something like this added, you could consider adding this to the SmugMug feature request form:
    This is your direct line to the SmugMug product management team who is actively monitoring the suggestions made and takes them into account for a future update.

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero