On the Road with my IR D300

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Continuing with my passion for infra-red (IR) photography and finally having some time for post-process...

Here are several IR images I took this year on trips to Canada and the U.S. mid-west.

1 Cabin (Color IR)

2 Alberta - Autumn Wheat Fields (IR/BW)

3 Village Church (Color IR)

4 Church & Walkway (IR/BW toned)

5 Village Church (IR/BW)

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Very nice. I like #3 more than #5. #3 does a better job of accentuating the starkness of the white church. By the way, white churches of similar appearance are seemingly behind every tree up in the Appalachians.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Very nice. I like #3 more than #5. #3 does a better job of accentuating the starkness of the white church. By the way, white churches of similar appearance are seemingly behind every tree up in the Appalachians.

I agree. Of the "church grouping" #3 resonates greater with me as well. I included #5 as several folks commented previously that they would like to see what the IR to BW would look like.

Thank you for your insights and comments, as always, much appreciated!!

• RalphMoonRalphMoon Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins

There's no penalty for not choosing a favorite, and so I won't. IR generally doesn't move me, or moves me the wrong in the wrong direction, but these keep me going back for another look. Many thanks, @El Gato .

--Ralph
    Smugmug: https://ralphmoon.com

--Ralph Moon
    Smugmug: https://ralphmoon.com

"You look one moment and there's everything, next moment it's gone.
    Photography is very philosophical." -- Joel Meyerowitz

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thanks Ralph...

IR certainly isn't everyone's cuppa-joe.

I very much appreciate your comment!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

First one is absolute killer! Your IR work is your true calling! Cheers!