Options

SmugMug App is Crippled with BUY Button

mike80mike80 Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins

It is a terrible shame that SmugMug has decided to bastardize its otherwise wonderful smartphone app with a horrible ugly screaming BUY button that mars my gorgeous photos. I have no idea what the BUY does but I don't want to buy anything. I just want to look at my photos. PLEASE SmugMug . . . Let me turn off the BUY button in the Android app and also on the web interface, where it also pollutes my photos and causes me to cringe every time I use SmugMug.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 3, 2020

Turning off the Buy option so that it doesn't show for visitors is accomplished by disallowing the shopping cart for a Gallery. There is no toggle option to turn off the Buy option within the Android app for the owner view, nor is there CSS code to remove the option on the app. For a logged in account owner to not see the buy option for the web version mobile and desktop it requires CSS code to remove the button. This code removes the Buy Button on the Lightbox view of images,

also removes the buy button in Lightbox
    .sm-lightbox-tools {
    display:none
    }

What Gallery style are you using for your site? Using the right code for the Gallery style is needed. Also, the buy Button on the app displys only in the photo overlay which must be tapped to display. Tapping it again will hide the option.

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

But the button does not even WORK!?

• Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

Can you give me a link to where the button isn't working or perhaps a screen shot of what you are seeing?

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

While I do not really want to use it, I've tried it numerous times and never had it work anywhere. My smugmug is at the link in my signature. As an example, I have this gallery downloaded to my phone (Pixel 2, latest android, latest SM). On my phone I went to the first shot there , touched it, touched again so big ugly green button appeared, hit buy. Spinning checkerboard for about 45 seconds (not timed, estimated) then got this:

Irritatingly at that point the back button does NOT work, you must hit OK, which takes you back to the ugly green buy button again.

Seriously -- does this work for anyone? I tried it way back at the beginning when it first popped up for curiosity, I've never seen it work. Ever.