Artlane

kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

I'm usually everything else but a fan of B/W shots with selective coloring, but for me, the following shot just screamed for it.

The Artlane is a couple of back alleys in Hong Kong's Sheung Wan neighbourhood, whose walls are beautifully decorated with murals by artists from all over the world.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I'm not a fan of selective coloring either, but if there was ever a photo where it was called for this is it. :)

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I'm with Don, here. Additionally, I liked your post about the subdivided housing. Depressing subject matter to me, but nicely presented and good processing work.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Thanks @Cornflake and @black mamba for the kind words. I'm glad you liked it.

And yes, the subdivided housing is quite depressing. It's astonishing how the people living there deal with this situation, or rather how they endure it. Must be in the asian culture.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Yeah Brilliant!

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Yeah Brilliant!

Thanks !